DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the wiper arms on a 1st gen intrepid? I want to repaint mine and can't figure it out. I'm also wondering if you think I should paint them silver to match my car or leave them black?

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It is actually surprisingly easy. There is a little metal clip that holds the wiper arm to the motor stud. What you do is take a pliers and pull the tab so it slides about 1/8-3/16" and it disengages the arm from the stud.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'd say stick with black, i personally think the painted wipers looks ricey. Especially chrome ones. Ugh.

-Adam

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I'll have to try it, thanks guys

·
Registered
321 Posts
how easy is it to replace the spring in the wiper arm mine at 65+ mph starts to lift off the window area then hovers about 1 inch off till i start to slow down. hehe its funny

or do i have to get a hole new arm?

·
Registered
802 Posts
how easy is it to replace the spring in the wiper arm mine at 65+ mph starts to lift off the window area then hovers about 1 inch off till i start to slow down. hehe its funny
What do you do when it rains at 65+mph???

-Adam

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm a firm believer in rainX, I can put rainX on and not have to use my wipers in the worst rain possible. It can be absolutely pouring monsoonishly and I can see better than if I turn on my wipers. Most people say rainX doesnt work, but those are the people that just dont take their time to put it on right...

·
Registered
417 Posts
I used to use RainX, but I found that when I did eventually turn my wipers on, they seemed to leave more of a smeary fog of water behind on the glass, so I stopped using it. I also didn't use it on my side windows, because the water beaded up in so many little droplets that I couldn't see out the window at low speeds.

I do, however, like the RainX glass cleaner. It takes a lot of buffing, but it doesn't leave any streaks behind.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
White97Sport said:
I do, however, like the RainX glass cleaner. It takes a lot of buffing, but it doesn't leave any streaks behind.
I like Eagle 20/20 glass cleaner, and I also like using newspapers instead of papertowels. For cleaning glass they work a lot better.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have the same thing with the wipers, but once you get up to about 75 you don't need the wipers any way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The wipers come off as described above but, make sure to pull the wiper arm away from the windshield as you pry the clip up to release the wiper arm from the splined stud. There's a piece of the release clip that will keep the arm in the up position making it easier to put them back on. I coated mine with flat black paint a few months back. Definitely looks better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts