DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 but I figured you guys would get a good laugh at this. Be sure to click next page at the bottom so you can see the "custom interior"...

Ruined 1st gen

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
wow, looks like someone had too much money and not enough taste.

but you really gotta like the oversized spoiler and single ricer windshield wiper *cough, cough, gag*

~JGarrett98

·
Registered
530 Posts
Who would have guessed, it has tons of useless and riceboy colors, I guess thats what PHAT means. :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Its pretty bad but still not as bad as a purple neon I saw that we laughed at when we saw, and rolled when it started to bounce.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i suppose those are twin fart pipes too.

from the looks of things, i would not be suprised.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Actually, being friends with some really nice import fellas, I can disagree and agree with some of that car.

The Supra wing needs to go...definately.
2nd. It needs to be an ES with Foglights. Those plain noses look like crap to me.
3rd. Definately needs new paint if not decals or something.
4th. I like the rims and tires.
5th. I love this hydraulic setup. That's the kind of thing that grabs people's attention at shows and wins trophies.
6. Very clean install of this system, and very nice, clean and detailed engine compartment. I like that a lot.
7. Needs to drop the chrome flares. I don't like chrome on our cars (my preference) but I don't believe we need chrome on intrepids to look good.

But it was someone who put a lot of money into that car, and I congratulate him for it. it's his baby, not ours.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Supra wing looks like something out of a bad Honda Civic movie.

I agree... it needs a fascia with foglights (remember, not just an ES has em!)

Hydraulics? Jeez... for a show car, yeah... BUT... on a 'trep? Disgraceful. Really.

Detailed engine? Oh my god... maybe everyone should color code their parts... thinking about painting all of mine white to match my car... yuk yuk yuk. Bleah!

I agree, it was his baby, and he put the money into it. And it IS a clean job. But... I just think that Intrepids are for customizing WITHOUT all the 'rice hype' stuff. It really REALLY looks tacky... but I suppose it is all a matter of perception and style, right?

-R

·
Registered
502 Posts
Did you look at his interior pics as well? I hate the steering wheel.

But at least he did not lather his car up with stickers/decals either.

·
Registered
587 Posts
That is the grossest thing I have ever seen!!! I mean, OK, if you rice up a civic or a stanza, or a bicycle or something thats fine. It looks retarded, and sounds like a bumble bee, but thats okay. Now, if you make a 'trep look retarded, then I am offended. It is such a beautiful and awesome car, why would you do that to it? I want to put skirts and a nice spoiler on mine, but not one big enough to dry all my clothes on!!!
And now that I've seen it, lowered intrepids look retarded.....well, okay, maybe lowered a bit, but he has gone to extremes.....but again, its his car, and it is personal taste, but I will still kick his ass after I modify my car WITHOUT ricing it up this summer!!!!
And what's with those batteries? I know you need power for hydroloics, but is he trying to power a baseball stadium with those things or something???

·
Registered
587 Posts
That massive wing must give him at least 10-20 more horsepower or so. What do you guys think?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOL!!!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Originally posted by Rarewolf '97 3.5L:
Yeah... from us, laughing at him.

I view that bad boy every single day, and pass it on... looking at beaterz.com soon...
OK that guy has a Twister fliter charger. I ran into a 2nd gen trep with dual exhaust and started talking to him. His buddy came up to me and suggested I get a twister to add hp. I said how does it work? He said it sits inside the filter and pulls more air through. I said, "Does it hook up to a pulley?" "Nope." I say, "OK, Is it electrical?" "Nope" He didn't seem to know how it worked so let me ask you guys. What is a twister and how does it work?

Buschman

·
Registered
263 Posts
the Twister is a bunch of bullsh*t designed to try to take your money for a 'smoke and mirrors' gadget that doesn't do diddly squat for your car.

DON'T buy it.

wolf out.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts