DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to replace the transmission cooler line, just the rubber hose.

But it sticked so tightly that I can't drag it off.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I

·
0 Posts
Channel lock pliers with a bit of hose around the tips. Use it to GENTLY grasp the hose and twist back and forth till its off.

·
9,861 Posts
Grab it with a small set of plyers, at the very end of the hose. Don't grab it where there will actually be fluid flowing through. Twist it enough, and it will loosen up so you can pull it off by hand. You should only need the plyers for the twisting part.

I

·
0 Posts
Hypnos said:
Grab it with a small set of plyers, at the very end of the hose. Don't grab it where there will actually be fluid flowing through. Twist it enough, and it will loosen up so you can pull it off by hand. You should only need the plyers for the twisting part.
I had to cut 4" of my hose off because the pliers ended up damaging it. Better safe than sorry... you can always wrap the tips with something.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Since you said you are replacing the hose why don't you just cut the hose off carefully with a razor blade?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I assume you cut the metal factory crimp(s) to losen the hose? Can use a dremel for that but be careful because the aluminum tube goes past the crimped area and into the hose.
As stated in the other posts you can use a razor to cut the hose lengthwise and peel it off.

I used hose clamps w/ the new hose. Been several thousand miles and no leaks (knock on wood).

-GB49

·
Registered
152 Posts
You should flange out the metal line or risk it coming loose while driving.
Not doing so has worked for others, but why risk your trans?

Sounds like the other peoples suggestions of cutting with a razor or just gripping with pliers is best if you are replacing it.

Kenneth

1 - 7 of 7 Posts