DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know use the search button. I did and cant seem to find the answer. The only thing I could find was others having the CEL come on.

I think I read on here somewhere that you can make this light go away. How do I do this? I know what the problem is and I know why the CEL is on. How do I make the light go away.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
nhogan said:
I know use the search button. I did and cant seem to find the answer. The only thing I could find was others having the CEL come on.

I think I read on here somewhere that you can make this light go away. How do I do this? I know what the problem is and I know why the CEL is on. How do I make the light go away.
Disconnect the battery for a little while. That should clear the code out of the computer. If the problem is still present then it will just come back though.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, isnt it for 15 minutes you disconnect the battery. I thought somone on here said that I could disconnect the light.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Thanks goes to TFC again

Not sure if it will work for 1G but I know on the 2G if you remove the third fuse from the panel under the hood for about 10 - 15 minutes it clears the code. I believe the fuse is labeled PCM/ASD but check with TFC for sure as I remember him posting this so that you do not have to worry with the battery disconnect.

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=53883

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
You may know what's wrong NOW, but if you disconnect the light, you may miss out on something important LATER. Why don't you want to get the problem fixed?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
30 seconds is long enough..
Always has been-- still is...

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Pull cluster, remove bulb, reinstall cluster

you might want to check the codes regularly to make sure nothing else is wrong tho

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if the light never goes off then how will I know if anything else shows up? I will have to do the code checker thing every day?

Oxygen Sensor reponse slower than minimum required - I was told that its not that big of a deal to replace. Is it?

The Dodge Ram truck has this code 31 if they are the same that are on this site.

Open or shorted condtion detected in the duty cycle purge solenoid circuit
or
Insufficient or excessive vapor flow detected during evaporative emission system operation

I was told that the truck will be ok and does not need to be fixed if it runs and sounds ok.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
just do the key dance thingy to check its really not that big of a deal I used to do it once a week my light was always on and I just got used to it. acctually once in a while I'd start the car and it would be off and I'd start to worry.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts