DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i FINALLY learned that i have 300kb of webspace on DI net for photos, and im taking advantage of all 300kb's.

Ok here's the deal, there's this gap on the driver's side door. I've asked the dealer what i would have to do to fix this, but he said its "normal". so here is the picture....

what would i have to do to fix this? i cant stand it anymore and it doesnt help very much when prying the frozen door open either.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
It looks to me like part of that seal on the drivers side got ripped off.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, should have clarified more. I meant the metal black part, as you should be able to see the driver's side door is higher and uneven compared to the rear door. This is only apparent on the driver's side of the car. Im guessing that something was replaced (probably a window motor) and the thing wasnt properly put back together.

Thanks for reply anyhoo crombie

·
Registered
865 Posts
I don't see anything wrong but it could be sooo many things.

-can the door be moved into the correct position by hand lifting it as if it is sagging or loose?

-do the workings of the door (hinges and etc...) look any different from the other doors as if it was replaced because of body damage or whatever?

That is a goofy angle (I dont even see anything wrong) so I dunno.

And trust me the dealers (most that i know) are blood sucking money vampires and if they can convince you something is wrong they will, if they thought it was a problem that could be fixed you can be sure they would have wanted to be the ones to get paid for it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
if that's showing what I think it is, which is that the bottom of the door is aligned correctly with the rest of the body, and the top is not, you can probably fix it yourself.

roll the window down, and put some grunt to it, this happens to several vehicles, and that fix has always worked for me

if that's not the problem, check the hinges

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
lamo. you can tell the door is aligned properly.

it looks to me somone tryed to pry it up. rool your window down with a blunt ended piece of metal or hard plastic. push those parts that are up inwards towards the passanger side of your car.

roll your window up check your progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts