DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, it may be a big deal to me to see what happens to the iPAQ pocketPC's and the HP pocketPC's if this thing goes down???

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
This is huge news. In months time, you will no longer be able to buy PCs with the "Compaq" name as it will now be HP.

What scares me is that I will no longer be able to buy Compaq Proliant servers.... they will now be HP Proliant.

And as far as the PocketPC goes... everything will be HP PocketPC.

This is huge news though, as news as big as this may be what the market needs to get its ass back in gear.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I hope the quality of Compaq`s Especially desktops doesnt run through to HP...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Woohoo! I can finally check "Consolidate servers to one hardware vendor" off of my list of things to do.

Way to go, Me! :D

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Actually... a while back I had an HP Kayak workstation. The Kayak is a kickass PC. This was working in a shop that was all HPs. Mostly HP Vectra on the desktop. I had very few problems with the HPs. Of course they arent as quality of a Compaq.... but ill take an HP over a Gateway anyday.

And if i had $4000 to lay out for a workstation, i'll take a Kayak anyday.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I have an IBM InteliStation Workstation at work, loverly machine... I wouldnt swap it for anything.. I had a Compaq Workstation
previous and It died, crashed, wouldnt run 3D Studio Max properly....

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Si:
I hope the quality of Compaq`s Especially desktops doesnt run through to HP...
Personally, I'm not a fan of compaqs quality (other than iPAQ pocketpc), but I still think it's way better than HP's crappy quality (not including printers).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts