hey, has anybody taken a look at this page, look all the way down at the bottom, i might email him, see how much of this stuff can work on the intrepid....kinda pricey, but if this is all there is, then not too much choice....
With some serious saving up DJing wise... I could probably lay out $1450 for those Prower Pro gears.
Question is though.... how much HP improvement will you see? I would only do it if I saw a serious performance boost. Also.. what about warranties? Would that void my warranty... or even my Service Contract? Also... how much does it cost to install something like that? Would the dealer do it or is that something you do yourself?
ok, my only prob is, what are they??? the one down at the bottom just looks like a simple timing chain.......never mind, i just found out....but seriously, i don't know that i'm that interesting in changing the gearing of my car......i dunno.....headers i'm interested in though.
1st I wanna know how a stock Prowler gear ratio would get the engine down to 2400rpms @ 80mph
2nd won't increasing the rpms for the final gear by 600 revs destroy your fuel economy?
3rd I think if the gears are efficient they would increase HP at the wheels by a maximum of 5%, if any.
4th The gears are for acceleration, not HP
5th I don't think headers would fit in our engine bay, for the 3.5L anyways.
1. Not sure how the prowler gears would decrease the rpms at a high speed. I dont think they do... You will probably lose a bit of top end too.
2. Yes, increasing your revs by about 600 will take away fuel economy, but will also give you more pick-up and a faster launch. It all depends on how much cash you have for the gears, and for more gas....but apparently the gears are worth it. But 1500 bucks US? Ouch, no thanks....
3. Its the whole darn tranny thats innefficent. I dont think there will be any increase in efficiency, or more power ending up at the wheels with the new gears. (Other than faster pick-up due to different gearing). If there is an increase in efficiency, it will definitely not be 5%!
4. You are right, the gears do not increase horsepower at all.
5. The prowler headers do not fit in our engine compartment, and custom headers cost a LOT, and won't do a lot for our cars anyways. $1000 or more for only 7HP? Forget it.