DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see the term HVAC alot when reading about ATC (automatic temperature control) conversions so while I have my I-P (dashboard) out I decided to change my HVAC harness over to ATC. Here's some pics to help understand what's behind the I-P. Normally you do the conversion with the I-P in place which makes it very difficult if you don't know what you're looking for.
Pic 1 shows what's behind the I-P

Pic 2 shows the HVAC unit, the harness and the ATC blower module I'll be installing

Pic 3 shows HVAC closeup

Pic 4 shows some of the harness routing

Pic 5 shows that you'll need a 1/4 drive ratchet with an 8mm socket to remove the blower module and exchange it with the ATC module

Pic 6 shows you'll need an 8mm box ratchet to remove the screws fastening the grommets (2) on the harness

Pic 7 show the main connector for the HVAC harness which connects to the I-P harness

·
Registered
910 Posts
Great pics, yb. I should have taken my dash that far down when I did mine. In pic #3 is the harness that runs below the amp and then behind the HVAC unit, the heated mirror wires? cause it looks just like the way I did mine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
HVAC = Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning

depending on where you see this term it will sometimes have an R at the end, HVACR, the R is for Refrigeration.

but you probably knew that

Nice pictures YB

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah, I just ran a few wires from one side of the dash to the other. I'm debating on wether to change the whole body harness over to 300M's which has everything or just run a couple more wires since I almost have them all run now.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thebulgd said:
HVAC = Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning

depending on where you see this term it will sometimes have an R at the end, HVACR, the R is for Refrigeration.

but you probably knew that

Nice pictures YB
Thanks. No actually I couldn't remember the whole name, it was in a 97 training class that I last heard the whole term.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
YB Normyl said:
Yeah, I just ran a few fires from one side of the dash to the other. I'm debating on wether to change the whole body harness over to 300M's which has everything or just run a couple more wires since I almost have them all run now.
A few fires? Maybe you should upgrade that wiring! :D

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EvilDeadFan said:
45 mins or so? I'd imagine.. if you know what your doing even less? I'd suggest a well lighted garage or a sunny day :)
That's about right, I did it in the dark with a trouble light or I would have taken more pics.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How long does it take to get this far?

And now with the new body harness in

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Man you are one crazy ****ER . Dont you ever stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make sure you sign that floor
YB was here !!!!

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come on man, I'm off for 4 months. I gotta do the "M"Trepid now before I start the Honey-Do list. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts