1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
550 Posts
Im sure its a mason jar with some bolts connected to the battery. Yes it makes hydrogen but no it does not improve gas mileage. Someone made a thread about it a few months ago and my brother actually built one even though I tried to talk some sense into him. He ended up selling his car without finding the gas mileage for a full tank but I really doubt he had any improvement.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
its a scam. $500 up front with the balance in cash at pickup, zero feedback... I am certainly not going to buy it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
just my .02...

engines can run on hydrogen & LPG with little to modification to the actual "moving parts" of the engine. but there is a lot of other equipment that is needed to get the computer to play nicely with the alternative fuel...

yes, I too am doing some research... I will be making a hydrogen cell to "play" with the idea, but there is not enough info out there to make a descent system...

here is what I've been pondering...

if my car gets 20mpg (not really, but simple math) and I'm traveling 60mph (usually a lot faster) for 1 hour.

that means I'm burning 3gph of gasoline.

if I wanted to run my engine on only hydrogen, I would need something between 1-3gph of hydrogen to replace the gasoline.

I say 1-3 gallons, because I've read that hydrogen is as much as 3 times the explosive power as gasoline (in an ideal state).

I've see most guys on u-tube and other sites getting 500ml of HHO in 1 minutes (~30,000ml per hour).

if you factor out the oxygen in the mix, you are getting ~20,000ml per hour...

1 gallon is 3785.6ml...

so I need 3785.6-11356.8ml per hour, of hydrogen to run my engine...

given that the above example is using ~20-30amps of electrical power to make 500ml in 1 min... some of the more sophisticated cells could run my engine.

then all I would need is a small storage container for starting & stop and go traffic when my mileage is down to 3-5mpg for acceleration...

does that sound right?? or did I miss some physics some where??

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
:bsflag:

hydrogen takes a lot more work and money than an intrepid LOL, certainly more than a few grand.

More like $750,000 per bus (prototypes)
V10 supercharged 6.8L

We have these at the CNE grounds in Toronto, Ontario and smaller vehicles are being released for road tests but they are unmarked unlike these buses.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow. It took me like 10 minutes to read his item description. Trying to sell his car, give you a tour, give you his life history, tell you about other cars he would like to have some day. Good thing ebay doesn't charge by the word...

When I checked he already had 19 bids. Someone must really want that tour of Alcatraz.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tired of hearing about HHO (Brown's Gas).

The energy required for producing HHO in a car is exactly the same produced on burning it (if a 100% efficiency is achieved), so there's no remaining energy to help power the car.

In real world conditions, HHO can be burned with about 20% efficiency, so you are using 80% more energy to produce HHO than the energy the HHO is producing when burned.

So, where the IMPROVED mileage comes from?

Perpetual movement machines violate the first law of thermodynamics and they do not exist.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow. It took me like 10 minutes to read his item description. Trying to sell his car, give you a tour, give you his life history, tell you about other cars he would like to have some day. Good thing ebay doesn't charge by the word...

When I checked he already had 19 bids. Someone must really want that tour of Alcatraz.
:smilie_sc haha i read that too, like somebody would wanna hang out with the guy or something

·
Registered
430 Posts
:smilie_sc haha i read that too, like somebody would wanna hang out with the guy or something
he sounds like a car salesman...

previous ebay ID: 209MOSTMERCIFULMOTORS

209 is the Area Code in Lodi, CA

looking at his history... he sells a lot of car parts... and cars...

eBay Motors: Geo : Metro (item 220255591221 end time Jul-12-08 16:11:43 PDT)

prior car listed on ebay... looking at pics, it looks like it is sitting in a car lot...

another car he sold on ebay...

eBay Motors: Geo : GEO (item 220243517114 end time Jun-09-08 16:02:27 PDT)

he sells geo metros for almost as much as I paid for my Intrepid...

even under his current ID, he has quite a few "hybrids" and car parts...

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant/209onepennyauctions

he's just playing on words... pretty evident once you read a few of his auctions... he uses large text and plays off like he doesn't know why ebay won't let him post pictures...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Actually it's not BS. I know cuz my friend has this setup. It a Hydrogen generator. You can buy it on ebay for about $400. If installed properly, can double your mileage. This Intrepid is NOT running on Hydrogen only. It runs on gas and hydrogen at the same time.
My friend has this setup on his mercedes (he made the unit himself). At this moment he gets around 50mpg. Just do a little research online.

There is NO hydrogen tank. Hydrogen is made "on the run".

Oh, and a link:

Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!

I'm actually working on a setup for my Honda.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Actually it's not BS. I know cuz my friend has this setup. It a Hydrogen generator. You can buy it on ebay for about $400. If installed properly, can double your mileage. This Intrepid is NOT running on Hydrogen only. It runs on gas and hydrogen at the same time.
My friend has this setup on his mercedes (he made the unit himself). At this moment he gets around 50mpg. Just do a little research online.

There is NO hydrogen tank. Hydrogen is made "on the run".

Oh, and a link:

Water Car Run on WATER+Fuel. Hydrogen Save Gas=FREE ENERGY!

I'm actually working on a setup for my Honda.
u have to be joking.

We know its a BS setup made with kitchen utilities, regardless if it is a kit.

A REAL hydrogen conversion would be a lot more than 400$ LOL. Plus ive told you guys before, that system produces browns gas (NOT PURE HYDROGEN), there is no free energy, so its just eating your battery charge and making the alt load greater to recharge the battery, plus you have a terrible mix of hydrogen and iron oxide going into the intake mixing with oxygen on the spot.

We've discussed that ebay "fuel cell" and other such POS gimmicks at work where we deal with hydrogen and we found that not only is it unsafe to use GLASS containers for store the gas since its kinda in a car remember, thats like having a glass gas tank, but on top of that the lines can allow back pressure and the slighting flame will light the whole thing up.

Its stupid things and generally people that are not allowing the real hydrogen world to progress and forces real engineers to work behind closed doors. At the end of the day when we release a real hydrogen vehicle, even a hybrid hydrogen, some moron will come up and say "duhhh,,,,, but i can make my car run on hydrogen for 400$ off ebay.... duuuuuhhhhhhhhhhh".

Bottom line, youre not trying to make homemade gasoline at home (at least i hope not) so leave the hydrogen business to the engineers. Ebay has opened great opportunities including some of the shittiest products on the market.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Its stupid things and generally people that are not allowing the real hydrogen world to progress and forces real engineers to work behind closed doors.
:claps:

:bgtup:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bottom line, youre not trying to make homemade gasoline at home (at least i hope not) so leave the hydrogen business to the engineers. Ebay has opened great opportunities including some of the shittiest products on the market.
my .02...

just because someone is an engineer, doesn't mean they are all-knowing... history is full of ideas and inventions that were created without engineers...

and personally, I feel that a person can be over educated to the point of overlooking the simplest solutions...

·
Registered
230 Posts
HiTechRedNeck

I respect your opinion and agree history is full of ideas and inventions created without engineers.

But it is also true that a simple solution cannot go against proven scientific knowledge.

The Brown's Gas generators have been put to the test over and over again, and every time someone is really taking objective measurements (not subjective opinions) they have come short of even generating enough energy to recover what was used on generating the gas.

I believe hydrogen is the solution, but more in the line of serious solutions, not scams.

Yeah, we engineers sometimes overlook the simplest solutions. Henry Ford said that cars should run on ethanol, but between engineers and politicians we ended running them on gas.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts