DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... the kid down the road that drives like a moron is wanting to get a 1991 Porsche 944, non turbo. It's the moron I spoke of in this thread: http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86784

He wants this car SOLELY to "epic pwn" me and my friend's Passat..... race will be either the 1/8th mile in Abilene or 1/4 mile in Dallas on a track.... he wanted it on the road, but we insist otherwise.

Mods to my ride that are relevant:
3.5HO conversion
300M Special PCM
3.89 sprockets
Autostick
JoeKD intake
300M Special struts/springs
Shadowvox6 style exhaust.... slightly modded, Magnaflow mufflers instead of stock.
And probably a 70mm TB by the time I return this Summer..... oh yeah, my engine is in pristine condition too.

It should be close.... 208HP with 3200 pounds vs 265 or so HP with 3600 pounds.

So what do y'all think..... go for it or mod some more?

·
Registered
73 Posts
heres an E/T prediction formula.
(Weight / HP)^.333) * 5.825
You- 14.4
Idiot Kid- 13.8

Remember this is not taking into account gearing, how tall a tire your running, weather, driver error.

·
Registered
193 Posts
okay my friend... I have driven a 944.. probably a few years older then 91, but same model, also none turbo.... I was actually considdering to buy that thing for a minute or two... its old, and none turbo, but its german, and relatively fast... trust me, you dont stand a chance. The problem with that thing is drivabilaty... if he cant drive stick shift really really well and knows how to handle cars, he wont be able to get anything out of that car... it is really hardcore to drive that car... difficult to shift and even worse to steer (almost impossible while standing still).... so if he is as dumb as you say, he probably wont get it off the lot... if he is an okay driver, he will beat you any day of the week.

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
No turbo and really tough shifting makes you an easy win...hands down. 944s were gutless without the turbo, that's why they added it in the first place. I smoked a couple " back in the day " with my Rabbit GTI

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Oh.... strings attached!

This is of course assuming he can afford insurance on this beast..... I'd have suggested a Z28, but the ins on that for this kid is like $350/mo.... he has a traffic record a mile long. There is some doubt if he can afford it as his parents are refusing to pick up the insurance!

I expected a challenge here.... it is after all a Porsche!

I found a figure of 0-60 in 6.5..... dunno if thats with or without the turbo but in any case, that's faster than Shadowvox6! But that was obtained with a professional driver when the car was new....and this kid is no pro. This should prove interesting if he gets it. He has little drag experience and while his launches are flashy, they aren't great. This could be seriously interesting....I really don't care, no biggie if I get owned. (winning would be hilarious though!)

On a side note, this kid is dangerous enough as it is with just 92HP..... I shudder to think what kind of insane **** he's gonna pull when he has 208 in a light but old car. Lets hope he doesn't kill himself before the race. :eek6:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts