DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was 3 seconds away from dying today...

I was going 40mph when some stupid ass decides to make a left turn, I nailed the brakes lost control and spun out. Fortunately everone around me saw the guy making the turn and sloweed down in time. I was 1 foot away from the light pole. The bastard took off too, it was some girl.

I wish I had my intrepid, I was driving my '85 maxima when it happened, doesn't have ABS and the suspension is shot to hell, tires aren't good either.

That's the third time this month I've spun out my car, people don't know how to drive these days, they're too damn lazy to check over there shoulder before switching lanes.

·
Registered
602 Posts
oh shhht bro, sorry to hear that. That kinda stuff sucks.

Really ironic.....! Some chick did that to me too when I was doing 40 in my 99ES a while back. She just pulls out in front of me only a few feet away.......! I slammed on my brakes and the car got sideways and started to spin, I was like oh shhhhht and punched it while turning around her avoiding her stupid little red car by inches. I really thought I was going to wreck.

Glad you're OK.........!

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I hate it when people switch lanes without looking. God it pisses me off. Glad to hear you are alright. Same thing happend to me between my Fiero and a Chevy Silverado. That would be like hitting a freight train with a pop can.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guy's. I'm still a little shaken, ironically, I was on the way to the dealer to check out my new car, which is replacing the maxima (the car that nearly got destroyed today)

I've just recovered (still recovering) from a broken leg, I don't want to break anything else, so I always try to avoid other cars. But this time there were cars to the left and right. I seriously thought I was done for. Can't wait to get my new car, so I can control it when I nail the brakes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Just let us see the pics of your new ride:baaa:

One time i was doing 40 mph and this old asian dude just gets in front of me coming from the left street, and he didn't even had his signal!:mad: I slammed on my breaks and the fool instead of picking up to speed, he drives like 15 mph! And when i go around him he gives a look trying to say he was going to "kung fu" me or something. Man, i hate when they do something wrong and they get mad at you!
What the heck?!:mad:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok. :eek:

Try driving in Detroit! On Wednesday I was passing this elderly guy when he started to get over into my lane! I honked the horn and knowing there was noone next to me in the other lane I had to swerve to avoid being side swiped! He didn't use his blinker and I'm pretty sure he didn't hear my horn! He actually was going the same way I was for about 3 miles or so. All that time he never used his blinker to turn or do lane changes!

Thursday I almost got hit at one intersection when a county road commission truck and some other idiot ran a red light. And than a couple of miles away at another intersection, a Dodge Ram dually towing a HUGE ASS trailer make a left turn on a red light and almost hit me!

And to top it all off, later than night, my right contact broke. Ok, so that has nothing to do with driving really, but it still pisses me off! :mad: :crazy: :biggrin:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Damn...... DWI (Driving While Idiot) I'd like to start a reality show making fun of stupid drivers. I'll get one of my friends to be the camera guy and we'll just go around filming people driving stupid. I'm sure we could catch a lot of action....... :bigsmile:

·
Registered
562 Posts
That's the third time this month I've spun out my car,
At times the dirver of the car is in question. j/k :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah I hate that. Being a Pizza Delivery guy, I see it all. The thing that I hate most is when people dont check over their shoulders. In a close second are people that are allergic to the gas pedal. People in N. Dakota DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DRIVE! In a very close third are people (maily girls and old people) that make a turn but turn into the far lane.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carlos said:
Just let us see the pics of your new ride:baaa:

I don't think you guy's would like my new car...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sk8-4ever said:

At times the dirver of the car is in question. j/k :D
hahaha, if my car wasn't on the brink of falling apart (due to poor maintainence) I wouldn't have spun out, now that I got my new car I'll probably never unintentionally spin out.

Although, I have to admit, spining out under controlled conditions is an adrenaline rush. Not only that, hearing my friends scream like little girls is priceless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts