DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to ask like atf or someone.Is there any good sites that i can look at to get a engine for my 94 1st gen intrepid???

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
ATK-Engines.com

These are rebuilt, and you can save a little buy using your older parts that aren't messed up. These is basically the long block with all the internals (crank, cams, pistons, rockers, etc). You use your old intake plenum, manifold, exhaust manifolds, valve covers, etc.

They offer core or no-core sales where you can send your old motor back in for a rebate.

Go check out their site, they sell some great stuff.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
What happened to your engine? if it "broke" the best and cheapest thing to do is rebuild it. I was quote 3k - 4k canadian to rebuild.
Why take the chance of getting a lemon engine when u can rebuild your's. Unless ur upgrading to a 3.5L, in that case, buy an intrepid with the 3.5L already in it, much more worth it.

A 3.5L from Chrysler cost's $2800 Canadian with 1 year warranty. But if u don't install it at a dealership, they won't cover labour costs to replace something if u get it done somewhere else. The labour will kill you, but if u don't care for the warranty, get it at Chrysler and install it some where else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts