DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i bought this car for $500 with a blown tranny from a family friend in 2003. i paid $1700 for a jasper trans installed by a family friend who own's a shop. i have had a love with the intrepid since my dad bought his 94 es in 99. i have spent a ton of money on this sucker and dont intend to stop.

1994 3.5L EMERALD GREEN PEARL

the mods are as follows

only member i know of to paint all his lower body cladding black.
custom clear tail lights.
brembo break rotors, hawk HP pads.
18" SSC performance wheels, Pirellii tires.
black carpet.
custom head liner.
custom back dash.
Silverstar ultra headlights
custom center console
cyber white fog lights
switched to mobil 1
custom door panels.
LED brake light bulbs
black leather seats from a LHS.
throttle body spacers.
custom cold air intake.
green neons.
LED turn signal bulbs
installed R/T badges
removed A/C components
green strobes.
driving lights with green neon rings.
all interior lights changed to red LED's
black head light covers.
5% tint on the back window
2.5% tint on the back doors
blue LED's in head light and reverse lights.
2 infinity kappa perfect 12"DVQ
rockford fosgate T20001bd 2000 Watt Amplifier
installed spoiler.
dual exhuast.

thanks for looking.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phuckin Phil said:
Now tell the story about beating the firebird in the ES. I have always wondered about that.
ok, it was my buddys car. a 95 3.4L firebird, it had a dual twin flowmaster exhaust a K&N CAI and some sort of chip. so we were alittle toasted and it was about a week after i got my trep back from the trans shop, i had put 500 miles(break in period) on it that day. so we got in my car (this would be a good time to say he lives waaaayyyyy out in the country) and drove from a bridge right down the street from his drive to the nearest cross street, it just happened to be 1/4 mile. so i took him back to his car and we drove to back to the bridge, while we were doing this my third buddy was setting himself up at the cross street, we all had talkabouts. so we lined up and my buddy at the cross street started counting, 1,...2,...3 and we both punched it, well he had me off the line, but as soon as i hit 2nd gear i started to pull away fast, at third i had him by about three cars and by the time we hit the cross street i had him by a good seven. there thats the story of how i beata firebird ina es.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt86 said:
Thats a great shot. The car looks awesome.
thank you, i like it cause the car is alot of black and i think it looks good against the white of the snow.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
One suggestion that will help a lot... take a can of flat black spray paint and go to town on the wheel wells and all the rusty parts that are visible behind the wheel. When you have a nice set of wheels like you do it sucks when all that crap behind them starts taking attention away from them.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gazetowardthesky said:
One suggestion that will help a lot... take a can of flat black spray paint and go to town on the wheel wells and all the rusty parts that are visible behind the wheel. When you have a nice set of wheels like you do it sucks when all that crap behind them starts taking attention away from them.
thanks, this summer i have a huge list of stuff to do.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice, I really like the blue in the headlights, its awesome. I hope my trep gets to looking as good as yours one day lol

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I beata firebird ina ES said:
i bought this car for $500 with a blown tranny...
installed R/T badges...
Was that before or after you "beata firebird" ??

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
gazetowardthesky said:
You're not suggesting to paint any of the plastic parts in the wheel wells, are you Pat? They should still clean up and shine up real nice!

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CDN R/T said:
Was that before or after you "beata firebird" ??
tranny before and the badges after.

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
You're not suggesting to paint any of the plastic parts in the wheel wells, are you Pat? They should still clean up and shine up real nice!
on a 14 year old car... i think most of the shine is gone. I've found it much easier in many of the cars I've painted to spray the wheel wells and visible, but beat up looking suspension parts. It at least hides them from any unwanted attention.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bump...new picture's

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Justin said:
Looking good, although not crazy about those weird looking "port-hole" type things on the front fenders.
yeah they were free so i gave them a shot, i hate them, they come off when the weather warms up.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts