DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
606 Posts
At first, I thought you were the Bob Vila from that show "This Old House", ohhh man! I didn't want to put you on the spot. I guess you are too young, huh! Sorry man but I just had to come clean....

Later,
MoparPerformance :D :cool:

· Registered
606 Posts
uuuuuuh, yeah I know, I raced one in my 2.7L from a dead stop. I was like 3 cars behind and fading (not too fast). At least my 2.7L sounds bad with that intake. I'll just pretend I could have gone faster.

yeah, I don't wanna waste my time on no tricked out SVT Cobra! Yeah right, well, truthfully I got smoked!

I did almost catch up to him though at higher end but it couldn't do it.

I remember racing a 96-98 Cobra SVT and a tricked out 99-2000 GT from a dead stop at the same time when I had my 99 3.2L ES a while back. I pulled ahead slightly at first then they pulled away about 3 car lengths ahead. They eventually were able to start pulling away.

I'm not sure if there's a gearing difference but I have had some luck in keeping up with 5.0's on the freeway and have managed to pass a couple while racing in my Intaked 2.7L and even back in my 3.2L ES. I'm sure they were Auto's or if they were 5 speeds the driver's ability probably sucked. Of course you don't know the condition of their cars.

Racing most cars from a dead stop in an Intrepid if it aint an 02' R/T with the 2.7L gears, I hate to say you'll usually get beat.... Now I have managed to stay side by side one time with my dad's 99 4.6L GT during a hard 1st gear kickdown in my Intaked 2.7L when he tried to show off and pass me. On the freeway during 2nd gear kickdown around 60-70MPH I have really good results. If the tranny is in a torque gap, forget it.

I still like treps though. I know this is going to sound crazy but beleive it or not having the latest PCM/TCM updates can sometimes help a little. I noticed a slight difference in my 99ES, I got better fuel economy and the engine ran smoother but would still bark as hard. The transmission shift patterns seemed to improve, which I noticed caused a little increase in performance. When romping on the gas the tranny would get closer to redline before a shift and seemed to shift smoother. Nothing major, you won't go faster but it seemed to help a little.

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

· Registered
606 Posts
Yeah, I want me a ricer....

nah I'm just playin'

I would love to have a stang but the problem is that there is too much potential, If I have the power I'd use it so I have decided not to go with one right now until I settle down....

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.