DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea..I was cruizin ebay and i just happened to stumble over some rims that are just what i have been looking for..

ADR Sterlings(20's)..

these are just beautiful..just what i wanted plain and simple...

Let me explain to you why i bought these particular ones..

These were the first rims i ever owned(18's)..they were on my 1997 LHS

ok well these were great and all but 2 things really bothered me about them
1. Those little rivets on the edge looked great but were a ***** to clean and they started chipping..so no more of that
2. The centercap..It was cheezy..Like when i washed my car and the stream of water hit it..it would sound like plastic cheapness..it just bothered me..

So yea these ADR's are just what i wanted..

Heres some more pics for you..

just a question..the rims are 20x8.5..

Should i get 245-35-20 or 255-35-20 tires..thanks

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are your rims 20x8.5

thanks... i was hopin to here from you unkut

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I live in South Carolina..no snow..or ice..or salt..so i can put them on safely..if you can give me an excuse not to..then yea..ill wait till spring

EDIT: and unkut you know what pisses me off..I am the 3rd person for the concordes on cardomain and your on the 3rd page...you should be #1 man...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
No, if you don't have snow, ice, or salt then you're good to go! The weather in Ohio gets nasty so rims are a no-no! But if I was you then I'd have at it, lol! Where are you gonna get tires from? What company did the wheels come from off E Bay?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Imadreadhead said:
the company is called extemewheelz..

http://stores.ebay.com/Extremewheelz_W0QQsspagenameZl2QQtZkm

Ill prolly get the tires from ebay too.. i was lookin at the nankang ns II

but those are cheap right?..ill probaly get the NITTO ones..or the pirelli's

EDIT..are Hankook tires good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7937571001&category=66478

The Nankangs are ok. Just make sure they have a good rating for all weather conditions. I've got Sumitomo's and they are holding up great. I would just keep my eye on EBay or go to a local shop and see if they'll shoot you a slick deal on all 4 rubbers. Sometimes the local tire places run specials like buy 3 get the 4th free. They may not have the 20's in stock but will order them for you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
post some pics with those rims on I really want to see them on, I almost bought a set similar to that but just never got around to it. so id like to see them maybe ill change my mind

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill post some pics as soon as i get them..there bein shpped..but they will be on by next week

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
Those look great, can't wait to see the intalled pics!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Imadreadhead, in your first post, 3rd picture, upper left corner.... Those are the rims I want. They for sale?

Your new rims look awesome.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the link. The rims I want are BMW 19". Anyone know if these will fit a 2000 Intrepid?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks a lot..I just bought some Nitto tires..I think they were my best choice..almost got pirellis but they were just for the summer..

Im a laid back guy..i want be goin fast with these..im just a cruiser..should be fun

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
JD said:
What are these adapters you speak of? and where do you get them and do they hinder your wheels or car in anyway

JD

You can get some adapters either online or at your local tire company. Sometimes the adapters will offset your wheels and make them stick out from the sides a little, but that's about it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ahh yes ive seen that before ive seen some people push them out about 5-6 incches almost i think before

1 - 20 of 28 Posts