DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I drove to Lake orion Michigan. My Uncle Died its been a relief since he was in and out of the hospital and on and off life support. But this was the first road trip for the car. We got 28.44 mpg on the way up and 27.57 on the way back. I never thought a car this big could get this good of gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
that's about what I get too on the highway. If the winds are blowing right and the cruise is set at 70, i can 33+ MPG!!

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I am getting 26mpg! Not bad on the original O2 sensors.

2.7 FTW!!!

Sorry about your uncle.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
sorry for your loss too.

thats good mileage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys its a relief so I'm actually kinda glad the suffering is over with. But yeah i never thought the 2.7 in such a big car would get such good mileage.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
That's about the best I ever got out of my trep also, high 28's. Didn't do that very often, average over 3 years is around 23.7

·
Registered
121 Posts
On our trip to Rocky Point (from No. Az), I was riding in a friends 98 Lexus LS 400 with a big ass V8 and we were getting about 30-33 mpg. We were dumbfounded. lol... It's not out of the cards. =)

·
Registered
445 Posts
If I drive about 70-71 thats about what I get also. I usually drive about 75-77 or so, so I tend to get about 22-23 MPG.

·
Registered
121 Posts
On my trip from St. Louis to New York I got 30.1 mpg going 90.
I've noticed that the engines in the LH cars are so powerful for the kind of car, that you get excellent mileage at almost any speed. I've even noticed that if I drive 80mph to work instead of 70mph, I get better mileage. I think it's because the engine doesn't strain ever.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This calls for a high five
Ill third that. On the highway it dosnt matter if I have it held at 70 or 85, I still get high 20's.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
One of the best I ever got. The highest it got to that night was 32.0....

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
If I drive the car only to work and back, I've been averaging 26 mpg. This is 80% highway, 20% city. I use mid grade gas for the 3.5l. If I run errands around the house, where there are lots of traffic lights, it drops to the low 20's.

My 2006 Miata averages around 28-29 mpg and requires premium gas. My Concorde is huge compared to the Miata.

A friend has a late model Mustang with a 4.0l and he said he averages around 17 mpg.

I'm definitely satisfied my mileage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with Fearless - 2.7's rock.
Last summer I got 29.9 mpg on a 500 mile trip - doing mostly 80 mph.
Aerodynamics help out a lot on this car on the highway.
This car is capable of pretty good city mpg too. I've been getting 24+ mostly city the past 2 months. I'm sure the warm weather and flat terrain help.

Also, I found a couple of mpg focused sites - gassavers.org and ecomodder.com - have a lot of tips on saving gas.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts