DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first car, my 1996 Dodge Intrepid, for less than a grand. I call it the USS as a nod to my trekkie roots.

so i have two questions.
1. how does this happen?
2. How do I fix it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the paint on the hood, roof, trunk, and top of all the doors and fenders is faded... like it was sanded or something.

also i may have made a n00b mistake and posted this twice

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
the paint on the hood, roof, trunk, and top of all the doors and fenders is faded... like it was sanded or something.

If its the clear coat, your looking at repaint. Especially if it's peeling. Did you try rubbing it out? The clear coat is pretty thin. Won't take much to burn through it. :glum:

·
yippee ki yay
5,811 Posts
You are.......:D

Fogged headlights?
:lmao: YUP

:dunno: Are you the orginal owner? If not there's probably a million reasons for that issue......the big one is poor maintaince....aka: not washing the car for a couple years will do the job......

and yes you did post twice.....but don't worry the powers to be will fix that....lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I actually replaced them a few weeks ago. The mounting points were almost all broken on both. and I had to replace the bulbs anyway...
@Duds Anything rubbed against the faded sections turns pink.
not the first owner

·
Registered
311 Posts
I am no expert in this field but my fiance works at a body shop. He says spring or summer time because the heat helps it dry/cure faster unless the body shop has a bake room. :D If not and it's done in the cold, some colors can become hazed. Red tends to be more expensive, too_Oh, and he said not to wax it for at least 90 days after because the silicone (in a lot of waxes) can mess up a fresh paint job. Plus it would bug me having a fresh paint job and not being able to show it off (too much salt and crud that blows up on the car here in winter).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts