DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, i finally found one, at a little used car dealership. got it for 1500 cash.
ive had several cars since i sold the new yorker, and i missed it so much i thought i'd get another one. its got leather and Autostick. blah blah blah heres the pics ! ( i actually got it a couple weeks ago but my comp was in the shop)

got some great headlights at my local junk yard.( most of the other pics were before the new headlights)

it does need some interior work, but its mostly minor stuff.

quick question, is there any way i can swap the interior for one thats from a lhs of the same year?

·
Registered
550 Posts
sweet ride, from what I can tell the body looks amazing.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
PHP would be determined by a couple of methods, but the best way on a 1st Gen is to look under the car at the center of the rear bumper, and look towards the front. Look at the rear suspension cross member, and look to see if it has a hole (<1") punched through the steel. If you see a hole, it IS php... if no hole, it is not a PHP car.

Oh, and yes, use the LHS seats.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Definatly try and get some LHS seats, and remove the muffler.

Using the rear rez only .

Check the LHS you get the seats from and use the rez fron it with the tips!

Or you can check for php the "old fashon" way, see what the top speed is!

Nice car ,you did good!

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Yup, apparently it will all swap over... the only thing that won't would be the C pillars and the head liner, unless you do some custom sculpting... some people of done so... I seem to think I read about someone adapting them once.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You would have to keep the guages becouse a lhs never had autostick.

you will be happy with the seats.

I'd grab the wood trim from a concord and the chrome door handles(inside ) from the LHS.

That would be easier!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
wow thats a sweet looking color! the car looks in great shape too, congrats on a nice find! yea U have to get some nice momentums when U get more cash!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
An LHS swap is almost all direct bolt in. I have done it. I actually don't think I know anyone else that has yet! I will kind of break down what has to be modified on each quick.

Dash: Almost nothing. When I tried putting in my old gauges the one connector for the gauges was turned a different way in the dash. Had to break the holder out and carefully plug it in. Was a fun PITA!

Front Door Panels: Almost nothing. Just make sure you get the bars that connect to the door that open and lock the door along with the panel. They are different! Also I can't tell if you have curtosy light but if you don't pull the whole wiring harness for the door all the way up to the connector in the door.

Rear Door Panels: It does have to be modified. The very end of the door is to long since the LHS has the little window. Besides that there are a few tabs that have to be cut off. Also get all the stuff the front doors need.

Center counsel: Since you do have the auto stick this is going to be up to you on how you do it. All I did was bust out the slidder and was still able to use autostick.

The one rear trim piece along the rear seat is the only thing that can't be changed over. I had a buddy of mine find out what the color was for the trim and he sprayed that piece for me.

It really isn't THAT hard. It took me awhile since I was a dash pulling noob at the time. If u need help pm me. Heck if you even show up to carlisle I will help you put it in. Would only take a few hours. I would say go check it out in my siggy but it looks like it doesn't work anymore.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts