DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here she is. Feel free to make any comments or ask questions about it. This is just a few pictures - Randy will have the rest uploaded and put into the pictures section soon.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Very nice lookin! So is that the spray tint for the tail-lights or tint film?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I really like the car. you have done a good job with it, everything looks great.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the taillights were tinted by a can of Nite Shades spray that i bought at Oreilly's. If i had a chance to do it over i know i could have done a better job, but for a $12 mod it was quite a deal ($9 for the tint and $3 for a can of clear)

·
Registered
349 Posts
It looks good from the pictures :) Now that I know what it looks like, I might take my tint off one of these days and do it with the spray stuff. I'm not looking forward to all the residue left from the tint film though

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
VERY nice car there my fave color to :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Good looking ride....it looks alot like mine, so what can I say bad about it? :)

[ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Intrepidatious ]

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont have any pictures right now, nor do i know how soon i can get some, but I just put dual exhaust on myc car this weekend. And i have to say, for only a 2.7L v6 it sounds pretty damn nice. My brother works @ a Magic Muffler, so he got keys to the shop and we did it on Sunday(that saved me paying all the shop labor... he only charged me $100 total)

The first thing we did was cut off the back 2 mufflers and left the rest of the 2 1/4 pipe back from the cats (for now anyway) then put in a Dynomax SuperTurbo muffler (its a camaro style, 2 1/2" in and dual 2 1/2" outs) Then we took some 2 1/2" to bend around the corners and the last 30 inches or so are 3" with a 45 degree angle cut on the tips (he had some 3 1/2" chrome tips there that looked pretty sweet, but his cost was like $35 or $40 each so i passed)

I'm still debating on whether or not to take out the first muffler. I'm not sure how much louder it would make it in the interior, or if i'll end up losing low end power from not having any back pressure like some other people said happened to their car. The way its set up right now, i've gained some low end power, or atleast it seems like it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
So how loud is it inside?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it because if you roll up the windows you can barely hear it, and with the radio on (even at low volumes) it covers it completely. This is why I think I've decided to leave the muffler thats right under the front seats on. If i take it off i'm afraid it will be way too loud on the inside.

the only problems I'm having with it now though, is i think my gas mileage blows really bad... I'm starting to think its because I have been a little hard on the throttle lately going through town just because i like how it sounds :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
thats a nice car.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts