DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I bought my 97 3.3 Intrepid I have been dumbfounded by all the people here that say the 3.3 is piss slow. I finally understand why. I recently purchased a 94 3.3 Concorde and it feels like it has about half the power of my 97. I know the age and mileage difference, but it shouldn't be that bad since I just installed new head gaskets on it. I love me 97 3.3, but if I had to drive this 94 everyday I would shoot myself in the head. Good thing I only paid $140 for the car, eh?

·
Banned
338 Posts
hmmm. you might look into your 94 bit more closely.

I have a 94 Intrepid w/ the 3.3, and while it ain't gonna win many drag races, it is not by any means horribly slow. It has the same get up and go as my 94 Olds 88 w/ the 3800 engine. I think the engine is average for the size of car. Nothing spectacular, but not bad either.

AJ

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I always thought my 3.3s were quick. I drove some 1st gen 3.5s and they had some get up and go when you floored it, but mid range acceleration seemed the same.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My 3.3 is pretty quick. The gearing is a little different I believe so mine is kinda quick in the takeoff. No its not faster than my 3.2 but it will take it off the line and than the 3.2 will run it down.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You paid $140 for the car and you drove it enough to think it's a dog!

YOU PAID $140 FOR IT! IT IS A DOG!

Whats on it for mileage?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
lol 3.3

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
For $140 at least it runs at all!!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
timdawg said:
My 3.3 is pretty quick. The gearing is a little different I believe so mine is kinda quick in the takeoff. No its not faster than my 3.2 but it will take it off the line and than the 3.2 will run it down.
Exactly my experience with my '96 3.3 and my '01 3.2. The 3.3 will rip the doors off the 3.2 up to maybe 30 mph, then it's goodbye to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts