DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Good info. Alot of the 'mods' floating around are overrated and not worth the time. TB spacers could possibly give you an extra horsepower or so (literally like 1 or 2) at the wheels, but the ones someone was selling here were like over 100 dollars. I can personally think of better ways to piss away 100 bucks.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
The ones we had built came out to $55.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
And I will put it like this - the way my car performs
with the spacers in: I love it. I ran my car with the spacers
for a week. Then a week without. Then another
week in, then another week without.
The car pulls a bit harder with them in. It
is easy to tell. My gas mileage improved by 1 mile
per gallon. Believe it or not.

·
Registered
779 Posts
flowersc said:
per gallon. Believe it or not.

I had the same results, didn't switch them in and out though. Put them in, loved em, left em in.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
per gallon. Believe it or not

i had mine in and they sucked i took them back out, after slower acceleratin and a lose in mpg

·
Registered
342 Posts
i would love to try some spacers, but i dont have $100 to spend on something i dont know if i will like... anybody got a set they want to give me?? haha

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
i had mine in and they sucked i took them back out, after slower acceleratin and a lose in mpg[/QUOTE]

Well there you go - too bad on your end.

J

·
0 Posts
I still don't see how spacers that give extra 1 inch of clearance get to have extra power, but whatever, I'm not working for Lockheed rite now, so I'll believe flower if he claims that they do.
I wanna try them, and if they do work, I'll analyze it and tell you why they do.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
When I was thinking about getting mine, I was informed of what they do.
As I stated before, I installed them, and uninstalled them a couple of times, just
to compare. And whatever they actually do, or whatever effect they cause to the car, I prefer it to not having them. The gas mileage was a perk. What's not to
like, the car performs more to my liking, and better gas mileage. Yeah, let's
get rid of them, quick. They are garbage! bwa, ha, ha.
Gotta love the naysayers on this site.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
i'm not a naysayer i have them i disliekd them they were of no increase in anything to me is all i am saying.

J

·
0 Posts
And .. this is what I always thought.
I always thought that they can't be making any difference, since they are just stand-offs.. so to say.
Now, if this was a different Throttlebody, say a bigger one, than I can understand a better airflow thru it.. But just SPACERS?
Ohh, I feel another outpour of BS products coming..
Like this one: http://www.fuelconcepts.com/how.htm that supposedly gives you 200 Miles Per Gallon! A MUST HAVE FOR ANY INTREPID OWNER!!!! YAY!
LoL :bigok:

Excuse me... the The "Duel Stage" Fuel Saver 5000 ..
Tell these guys that if they are gonna sell anything ever, they gotta learn how to spell their own product's names.

J

·
0 Posts
""Even at best, today's cars only vaporize around 20% of the fuel. The remaining liquid fuel passes through the engine into the catalytic converter to be broken down by intense heat. This bi-product of burnt liquid gasoline is sent out your exhaust system into the atmosphere in the form of hydrocarbons and carbon dioxide (auto pollution)....""

HAHAHAHAHA!!
Liquid fuel in the exhaust pipes!! HAHA!!
ROFL!
Have you ever seen "The Greased Lightning" shoot flames out of the exhaust?
LMAO! They must have been NOT using the "DUEL" Fuel Vaporizer 5000!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts