DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if any of you guys get on other forums, feel free to spread the word about GFVI... :fun_06:

all car clubs are welcome

just post your invites here, so I have an idea

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Jim,

I don't know if you want any *true ricers* at Gearfest....but the local "Chrome City" club here in town is considering making a club showing. I've got a lot of them in some classes at school.

A great example is the guy who has 20 inch chrome wheels on his 92 Honda Accord or the guy who has 24 inch chrome rims on his Astrowagon! :grinno:

Anyways, they were all talking about a fall car show before the end of the year and I brought this one up.

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Oooooh Ricers! More bracket race fodder!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gorm, as long as the people are easy for everyone to get along with, then they're more than welcome... if the cars are BIG PIMPIN, then even better.

and dscruggs, are you thinking of Byron on Sunday? Great Lakes? US41?

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
jhrody said:
gorm, as long as the people are easy for everyone to get along with, then they're more than welcome... if the cars are BIG PIMPIN, then even better.

and dscruggs, are you thinking of Byron on Sunday? Great Lakes? US41?
One comes to mind. The Honda accord with saved doors, kit, airbags, 20 inch chromes, custom two tone interior...pretty much Rice. :)

These people i don't think are THAT are to get along with. Most people are in the computer program here at College. I'll mention it too them again....however some of these cars I don't think would make it to chicago.

:gross_07:

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I was naturally thinking Byron, but I guess US41 would make more sense for me and Don.

But I'm not really that interested in bracket racing anyway. My car is far from consistent.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I hope you meant US 66 in Joliet. US 41 is in Granite City near St. Louis.

I think that folks at Byron treated us like solid gold. They are having a BIG MONEY Bracket Bash that weekend. May be hard to do our thing.

I do PERSONALLY have a desire to run every track on the Powerade Circuit. IF I come to Chicago I will run at Joliet but I can do that independantly like I did this spring for IRP in Indianapolis.

Whatever you guys decide is COOL with me.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
DScruggs said:

I think that folks at Byron treated us like solid gold. They are having a BIG MONEY Bracket Bash that weekend. May be hard to do our thing.

I do PERSONALLY have a desire to run every track on the Powerade Circuit. IF I come to Chicago I will run at Joliet but I can do that independantly like I did this spring for IRP in Indianapolis.

Whatever you guys decide is COOL with me.

ROUTE 66 YAY!!!!!!!!

--Gorm

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DScruggs said:
NOPE :bigparty:

US 41 International Dragway Morocco, IN
1/4 mi Asphalt Drag Strip

Wednesday , Friday , Saturday , Sunday Racing from JAN to DEC
IHRA ET Brackets & Nat'l events

Alt.: 650

Phone: 219.285.2200

Directions: 35 miles South of the Cross Roads of America; 30 miles South Rt 30 on US 41; 1/2 miles South of SR 14 on 41, East side of road I-65 Exit 215 west on SR 114 approx 12 miles to US 41 then north approx 4 miles to CR 50 east to the Track.

the only track I know of in Granite City is an oval

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
jhrody said:
NOPE :bigparty:

US 41 International Dragway Morocco, IN
1/4 mi Asphalt Drag Strip

Wednesday , Friday , Saturday , Sunday Racing from JAN to DEC
IHRA ET Brackets & Nat'l events

Alt.: 650

Phone: 219.285.2200

Directions: 35 miles South of the Cross Roads of America; 30 miles South Rt 30 on US 41; 1/2 miles South of SR 14 on 41, East side of road I-65 Exit 215 west on SR 114 approx 12 miles to US 41 then north approx 4 miles to CR 50 east to the Track.

the only track I know of in Granite City is an oval

Never Mind. US 41 would be awesome. It isn't listed on the IHRA webpage though. Interesting.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ahh, so off track we get... keep posting/notifying wherever you can everyone and let it be known here.

Sunday would be the open day for the dragstrip, Gormo if anyone else wants to go. I wasn't planning on a drag day, but who knows.

DScruggs, We can do the US41 that weekend, but they have no website anymore apparently. They usually do mostly test/tune anyway. I hope they'd be open. There's always Great Lakes, but we can count on the "I don't know who you guys are and I don't care if you're together" approach that they gave us at our Stratusphere meet this year.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Right now I'm just planning a day trip to Chicago on Saturday. If there are track plans I might change....

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I'm sorry but I will not be coming.

Don

1 - 20 of 24 Posts