DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nice LHS is now damaged! I was on my way home from work yesterday, about 5:00 leaving Boston. So you can imagine how the traffic is. Stop and go. I'm in the far left lane. Guy in front of me stops. I stop. Plenty of room in front of me, and BOOM! I get rear ended by some stupid woman who was not paying attention! We pull over, exchange info, and she even apologizes. At least she knows she's an idiot. I just suggest paying attention next time. She tries to say she was, it was just an accident. o_O HOW CAN YOU HIT SOMEONE IN MASSIVE TRAFFIC IF YOU ARE PAYING ATTENTION!?!?!?! Stupid people really annoy me. I need a new rear bumper and reverse light. At least the rear end of my LHS > than the front end of a 99 Saab 93. She will need new headlight, bumper, and some work on the hood too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
concordia said:
:mad:
sorry to hear 'bout your ride...

the only bumpersticker I would ever consider putting on my car reads:

HANG-UP AND DRIVE!
:mad: :mad:
I talk and drive at the same time, BUT I CAN STILL STOP IN TRAFFIC!!! I hate to say it, but that stereotype about woman drivers, there may be some truth to it.

;)

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
JoeKD said:
damn mass-hole drivers....
I should be taking offense to that since I live in MA but it is true and I agree with it. Massachusetts drivers are crazy!!! Especially in Boston. Sorry to here about your loss.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
:devil:
women drivers no survivors......
(no offense to our female members)
:devil:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
crash459 said:

I should be taking offense to that since I live in MA but it is true and I agree with it. Massachusetts drivers are crazy!!! Especially in Boston. Sorry to here about your loss.
All my friends say I drive like a Cabby, Especially when I popped a U-turn on Com Ave, and cut across three lanes of traffic on 24 and 95. :devil:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
HANG-UP AND DRIVE!
NPR's Click and Clack give away free bumperstickers that read DRIVE NOW, TALK LATER. Free Bumpersticker

Have you ever watched some of these idiots drive? And I use the term drive loosely. I used to work in Hartford, CT and would drive in on Route 2 and watch people doing everything but drive.... read the newspaper, talk on the phone, apply makeup, eat breakfast. You name it, all in bumper to bumper trafic. Needless to say there are quite a few rearenders on that road too.

Good luck with your car repairs. I hope she had good insurance.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I would have to agree completely with this whole hang-up and drive bit. A perfect start to my day pulling up to the stop sign on my street naturally I stop and look, good thing I did, some assjack rolls right through the sign as im pulling out. So naturally I slam on the gas and begin chase. Pull up right along side this idiot to do my one finger wave and he just stares at me with the dumbest look and a cellphone hanging out of his ear. For legal reasons I won't say what i did next but thanx for letting me get that out of my system.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My boss at work has a theory about most accidents. He's sure that the majority of people involved in accidents were wearing a hat at the time of the accident. He says he's seen dozens and dozens. Theory or fact? You decide. :sarcasm:

Jason

·
Registered
217 Posts
I would'nt get that bumper off of ebay. I would let the ladies insurance pay for a factory fresh overpriced one from chrysler. When she has to cough out the dough for her deductable she will start paying more attention to whats ahead!:)

·
Registered
802 Posts
On a totally unrelated topic, I saw a bumper sticker yesterday that said "Take revenge, **** on a bird"

I pretty much live in Boston, and even I agree that i'm a bad driver because of it. I'm no idiot though, I pay attention, but like when I got to NH and stuff, I forget people, for instance, let you pull out in traffic. It's weird driving up there cause you never hear any car horns.

-Adam

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
lhs99 said:

I talk and drive at the same time, BUT I CAN STILL STOP IN TRAFFIC!!! I hate to say it, but that stereotype about woman drivers, there may be some truth to it.

;)
I take offense. ALL of the car accident's I've seen or my family has been involved in has been caused by MALES usually between the ages of 17-23.

Except for the one accident I was in when a 65-year old lady turned left in front of me...

It is the MEN who tend to be the aggressive drivers, not women. When you admit to talking on the phone and driving, and then say that women are the bad drivers, I see where the logic comes from :rolleyes:

·
Registered
104 Posts
MeanGreen said:

I take offense. ALL of the car accident's I've seen or my family has been involved in has been caused by MALES usually between the ages of 17-23.

Except for the one accident I was in when a 65-year old lady turned left in front of me...

It is the MEN who tend to be the aggressive drivers, not women. When you admit to talking on the phone and driving, and then say that women are the bad drivers, I see where the logic comes from :rolleyes:
I totally disagree with your theory and most of society's theory that the males are worse drivers. That was put out by insurance companies so that they can drain the pockets out of males. When sister and I were teens...I had one car out of my sisters 3, because she had totalled all 3, but my insurance was still higher, with only one ticket for going 4 over the speed limit. I should've had the lower insurance payments, and my sis should've had to pay out of her a$$, but nooooo...the males get screwed because of the typical stereotyping that males are aggressive......thats only because females are worse drivers and get away with it!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
MeanGreen said:

I didn't realise that MeanGreen was a woman!? :bigsmile:

Jason

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No ebay for me. I'm not shelling out a cent for this one. I did absolutely nothing wrong. I'm even going to scream and yell till I get a decent rental. I'm not letting them work on my LHS and drive a focus or something. F that. I have a top of the line Chrysler. I something comparable.

·
Registered
604 Posts
**edited due to insulting and borderline racially derogatory comments**

·
Registered
638 Posts
MeanGreen said:

My personal belief is that gender, ethnicity, etc. have nothing to do with how idiotic one drives. I've been hit while stopped at a stop sign by a 40 year old woman who thought that the best way to avoid my nonmoving car would be to point her damn Nissan Quest right at me. I got rearended by a 30 year old guy talking on the cell phone while driving a huge Dodge Ram in traffic -- the guy hit me and then pushed me a few yards before he realized what the hell he was doing. I've even been hit by a 20 year old girl while stopped at a stoplight -- she then tried to blame it on me and bitched my ear off. I was suprised to find no damage to my Eagle but the front end of her Geo Metro was farked. :p ...but I digress...

Anyway, the point is that you can't stereotype certain drivers, even if the insurance companies do -- idiots come in all forms and unfortunately, even idiots can get drivers' licenses. IMHO

1 - 20 of 23 Posts