DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol... im hurting pretty bad after today.

So heres what happened. I was taking the Merkur for a small spin, since it hasnt moved in quite a while. I started her up, put in drive, and drove up the road. Went around the corner, up the road, gunned it really hard, spun the tires nicely, thing is very very very torque filled. Well, it was. I got to a stop sign at the corner of Surrey Dr. and Hemlock Farms Road. Stopped for the stop sign, and got slammed from behind hard by a dump truck, at the worst possible time too, it slammed me forward just enough to get hit by the tractor trailer turning onto Surrey. Back end got caved in, trunk was sitting in the backseat practically, and the tractor trailer hit the top of the hood, caving in the headlight, cracking the frame, and smashing the driver front suspension to the floor. Cars totalled... happily, since the tractor trailer wouldnt be my fault, my car wasnt actually there if you look at the paper work. Since um, it wasnt exactly registered just yet. My shoulder is banged, and so is my forehead, but, nothing is really hurt. Just bumps and bruises.

·
Registered
566 Posts
So...that means the dump truck drivers paying you out of pocket or everybody's happy cuz your car wasn't there?

Glad your ok, wtf was wrong with the dump truck driver he didn't see you stopped at a stop sign?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Glad you're ok, sorry to hear about the Merkur. I worked for a Lincoln/Mercury in the 80's and we carried Merkur's. Always enjoyed road testing those. I can only imagine that they're only tougher now.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car was beautiful, ive been working slowly on restoring it over the past... um, while, but its hard to get parts, and those parts i have found have mostly been in europe. the dump truck driver happened to be on the phone with our Public Safety Department, which is our private communities private police department, and um, well, he was asking them for directions to his jobsite when he hit me.

i think whats happening is the dump truck is paying for the tractor trailer, which is no where near as much damage as what he'd be paying for my car, so i think hes happy i wasnt there atleast.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
so either way you're screwed tho....that sucks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts