DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Black Corvette. I'm sitting a stop light minding my own business when this shiny black vette pulls up with an older gentleman inside (I'd say about 45 or so). I noticed him looking at the Intrepid and he sees me looking at the Vette so he revs the engine a bit. I blipped the throttle knowing full well that I'm about to lose but I really wanted to see what a Vette would do. The light changes I stomp on it, I kept up for about 0.0000001 of second and he's gone in a cloud of exhaust and tire smoke. I caught up to him at the next light and he rolls his window down and thanks me very graciously for at least trying. He said that most people are too chicken to try and the only ones ever gets are the ricer's which he said 9 times out of 10 are a total waste of gas and the Intrepid would also lay waste to the ricer's who've tried hanging with his Vette. I wound up talking to him on the side of the road for about 30 minutes and he said he really liked the Intrepid R/T but didn't need a car that big since his kids weren't home anymore and he used to own a Vette a long time ago. Once they left he got another one. I did get a chance to look at the Vette and its sweet (if I ever get another sports car that's on top of the list). Nice to see that there are some cool people out there who don't rub it in when they win.

·
Registered
560 Posts
yeah them vettes are beautiful...though at 50k theyre a little steep (thats my opinion though)...

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
id say 50k is worth it for a true american sports car (im a corvette lover :D )

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, he didn't have the "holier than thou" attitude and I really wanted to see that car run.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Theres a look for that? :D ...i need it cuz im always at lights with cars that can kick my ass :p

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I went against a vette. he did not race though, when he pulled up at the next night light next to me he said that I was too fast for him, and Im like no man, your car is sweet. it was a yellow Vette.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I wish my Trep could run with a Vette. Once I get the RWD and the 426 Hemi in there I think I'll be able to smoke em :)

Fortunately I got the Hawk for now, and it's beaten two C5s already :) Tough racin though! Vettes are freakin light!

Buschman

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Live right now in Minn a foot of snow on the ground and still snowing. Just but your car in auto stick 3rd gear and walk on vettes and mustangs and firebirds. They all are slipping and sliding in the snow.Takes them about a block to get up to 25mph.

·
Registered
602 Posts
yeah, I don't really know too much about vette's. I think 98's & up are hella quick. I have gone neck to neck or have slightly beaten almost all the 80's and early 90's around 225HP Vettes, probably usually Automatics though. None of the new ones have given me the time or day to race yet. Dude sounded cool, sounded like fun except getting dusted but look at the price, only two seats, hella expensive insurance and it's not really a common vehicle. Plus where are you going to put all the fine ass girls? Where can you get with the fine females? Least you can use this Mopar 4 some ho-par. I like having nice leather back seats! Later guys!

MoparPerformance :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts