DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I own a 94 Concorde with the 3.5 and all wheel disks... Just signed up here today. I must admit this is a great site...

OK... Yesterday I found out the hard way that the 3.5 is (thankfully), a non-interference motor. On my way to work, pulling away from a stop with a Camaro running hard. Had the 'Corde floored and pulling away from the Chevy, second gear at 5000 RPM, the timing belt snapped... As a result, I also ripped the transaxle mount in the rear...

Got the belt replaced (found out I have the plastic timing belt temsioner pulley) in about an hour and a half (I've already changed the waterpump myself...) and plan to change it out soon, but will use a new waterpump and cahnge the front crank and cam seals while I'm ripping things apart soon... I do most of my own maintenance and repair work. I'll also be changing front suspension bushings. Anyone know of urethane replacements for stock bushings?

Oh yeah, I drive 140 miles a day roundtrip, average about 80 MPH as much as possible. I tap the 110 MPH speed limiter at least once a week... Any way I can lose that?

·
Registered
65 Posts
You need your chip reprogramed or a new chip all together to fix governer.

BTW what is the top speed of our cars?(3.5 1st gen)

-BobVila

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I've heard the limiter is between 109 and 115...depending on the tires you have on it. Mine went to 109 when i had my Michelin tires and when i got my Yokohamas it went up to 112.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey pimp boy can you explain that to me please

the part about changing tires and it changed the setting of the gov on yer car

I just dont see how that's possible

could the tire change have screwed up yer speedo's calibration?

I could be wrong, I am often wrong

1 - 4 of 4 Posts