DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well.. it was bound to happen sometime... I was in an accident today.

Comin around the turn on a local busy spot in Eau Claire (yea... whouda thunkit?) and there were a couple of cars panic stopping for a car making a left hand turn (signals would really be nice).. and I wasn't able to stop in time. (I had looked down breifly at my speedo, goin 29 mph...) I looked up from my speedo maybe 50 feet from where the gal in front of me was jamming on her brakes.. and wasn't able to stop in time. I was probably going 10-15 when I hit her, and let me tell ya... it scared the **** outta me....

Bent my hood a bit, broke one of the Headlight mounts more (it was already broken... ), scratched my bumper up and mangled my License plate. all the radiators and cooling lines are all in tact and show no physical damage.

Her car, on the other hand, is a different story.

Apparently the uni-body GM cars can't take a hit, as her bumper looked 100% fine, but her lower tail-pipe waas bent a bit. Also, the back passenger side was crumpled.... BLEH.

We both had insurance, both through the same insurance company, (not the same branch tho, mine is outta Hartland, hers Eau Claire), and no injuries were taken, or reported.

it doesn't appear my insurance rates will change much beyond a $30 per year deduction for incident-free on my vehicle....

anyone know where I can get a new hood for cheap?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Don't feel bad, man. Happens to the best of us. Last year, I rear-ended a Camry that panic-stopped on a freeway offramp.

·
Registered
111 Posts
nightravin13 said:
was she cute?:D
LMAO. It's funny. I would think most people wouldn't have that running through there mind, but I usually can actually get an answer to that.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Sucks bad Mike. Glad you and the trep are (mostly) okay.

I've long since gotten rid of my hood though, sorry. Good luck in the search. Try junkyards, I know some around here have them...

I hate ****ers that don't use signals...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Yes, glad to hear your ok...I almost have gottin in a few one was a second gen trip ... old lady ran the stop sign. almost hit her...but ive gottin a few close calls. hope I dont get into any anytime soon. Sorry dont know where u could get a hood. My only guess is ebay?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nightravin13 said:
was she cute?:D
She was kinda cute.. but was not worth as much as it cost me just to get a closer look....

I will try to get pictures after I wash the car.. it looks awful cuz I put fingerprints and stuff all over it....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yea good thing your alright. I about got hit my a drunk driver in a new grand am last week.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Damn man, that sucks. I think you can find a new hood at that huge yard in Milwaukee, they seem to always have a bunch of 1st gens, probably in your color too.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some Pics....

Ok.. Here come some Pics

Really.. it doesn't appear all that bad after a good wash on the car.... I might just bend the hood straight.. tape off the small stratched section on the hood... sand/prime/paint, then put a good Bra on the front end... THen get a good paint job down in milwaukee (non of this Eau Claire nonsense) when I am done with school.

Oh.. and I am going to see if I can order new License plate.. (maybe get some "personalized" plates finally)

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if you could just pull that out with a simple Ding King. I have one laying around the house, if you want to just set up a mini-meet or something, you can use it.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
That's not as bad as I expected, but it sucks all the same. I wouldn't even bother with any paint. Buff out what you can and call it good until you can get something better going.

And BTW, I happen to like the messed up front license plate look. :p

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Axle said:
Hmm, I wonder if you could just pull that out with a simple Ding King. I have one laying around the house, if you want to just set up a mini-meet or something, you can use it.
I'm not too sure the Ding King or something like it will pull that out (unfortunately).. because the dent is right around an edge.. and the metal could be stronger at that point. Stronger than, say, right in the middle of the hood.

I'll say this though. I pulled out a dent that was bigger than that but not as deep with just a regular toilet plunger. I left for vacation (left the car home) one weekend and when I returned I noticed a dent in the passenger side front quarter panel.. right above the wheel well. Looked like it was caused by a stray baseball or softball.

Good luck, Lafrad. I hope something like the Ding King is all it takes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts