DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a ruff day at work I was driving to my girl friend's house. Behind me was a Judicial Officer. I was 10 yards away from the light and it turned yellow. Like hell I was going to run the yellow and have the cop give me a ticket for running a red light crap. I braked a bit harder then normal. I look in the mirror and saw the cop play on his laptop then all of a sudden his little yellow light turns on. The light turns green I go though the intersection and pull into the car dealership that was right there. He follows! I stop and turn off the car and roll down my window. By then the cap was right there with his teaser out pointing it at me and demanding to get out of the car. I'm freaking out and I get out and drop to my knees with my hands on my head. He demands me to turn around and cross my legs. He then pulls out zip ties "ghetto cuffs" and puts them on me. I asked "What the f**k is going on?" The cop replies "the car is stolen" At this point im pissed as hell and ready to just give a real reason to bring me in, I tell him "I own this car "sir"!" By then im sitting on the curb while he chats away on his radio getting a patrol car to pick me up. Finally he gets out of the car and I tell him again "I own this car! look at my registration and drivers license!" The other real cop showed up and he looks at my registration and drivers license and cuts the zip ties off and started to be all apologetic and crap. Me and the other cop basically chewed out the Judicial Officer. I cussed out and trashed talked that jr cop so bad and got away with it. By the rule book you have to ask for the license and registration. In the end come to find out the dispatch got the wrong tag info. :cussing:

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
snif snif...
Is that a lawsuit I smell?

Seriously, that's pretty messed up. You do need to escalate a complaint to his superiors, AND find out who the dispatcher was too.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
That's pretty messed up that he didn't even attempt to ID you.

However, being a junior officer, maybe his job was just to detain you until a regular officer arrives. I have no idea cause I've never heard of JSO's before.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
how foul. i was in a simular issue myself. i had fines to pay so me and the cop came to an agreement. he pulled me over for NO reason other than the car was in my name and i had some fines that were unpaid. i asked why he pulled me over and he admitted to running my license tag with some new scanninig device cops use now and it coming back to me who had over $2000 in fines (messed up thing was he assumed i was the owner, had someone else been driving he would of been ****ed). i asked him if he could legally do such and he said, honestly, no sir i cant, i figured we could come to an agreement as your license is under suspension and i wont report it if you let us take you down to have these fines paid. i had the money to pay the fines as i was going to the next monday. it was a friday night. i had to spend the weekend until sunday in jail (my mom and fiance (then girl friend) bitched enough to the point i was the only person let out ever on a sunday), i was let out. i had to deal with the weekend because they dont take any electronic payments. i.e. visa and my card only let a $500 a day withdrawl. the judge was gonna allow me to pay $800 which i was able to muster up out of my account that night but changed his mind and said he wanted the whole amount.

i never bitched because i was getting my license back in a few months and that extra year would of put a hurting on me. plus i did have to take care of the fines. meanwhile, at the time im getting arrested their was a man hunt for a guy who shot his girl friends face off. they caught him and he happend to ride in the same wagon i did from the downtown holding cell to the prison. oddly enough they treaded me like **** and him like royalty. wtf!!

goodluck to you. what a justice system we have....

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
snif snif...
Is that a lawsuit I smell?

Seriously, that's pretty messed up. You do need to escalate a complaint to his superiors, AND find out who the dispatcher was too.

Sniff Sniff..... mmmmm..... yummy lawsuit.

Yeah, ***** and complain. Be an ass if you must.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Judicial Officer is a meter maid. All you need is a clean record and spend two weeks at some training school. Since JSO is so understaff they gave the jr cops stun guns and a few more extra jobs. So now if you get busted by a jr cop he will detain you until a real JSO officer can show up. Knowing JSO it takes anywhere from 30minutes to a few hours.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
what if you put the afterburners on em. can they give a chase? theres so many toy cops out there I don't know if I would be able to take a JSO seriously. take this one a far as you can milk them dry....

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
TCPMeta said:
A Judicial Officer is a meter maid. All you need is a clean record and spend two weeks at some training school. Since JSO is so understaff they gave the jr cops stun guns and a few more extra jobs. So now if you get busted by a jr cop he will detain you until a real JSO officer can show up. Knowing JSO it takes anywhere from 30minutes to a few hours.
Is that even enough to become a peace officer?

·
Registered
566 Posts
At the least, if you don't sue, file a formal complaint against the meter maid/jv officer whateva they are there's no reason for that abuse of power.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts