DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 2 choices need help on deciding which one

i can either wait a month and get a street glow gold series underbody neon kit. or i could move my battery to the trunk and wire in dual batteries the correct way. ( don't use old 8 gauge wire and hook up a battery to it. very bad. funny part was my serpentine belt on the 3.5 was just a squeling and it did this all winter. tried everything then took out the battery in the trunk and it stoped. guess i gave the alternator a work out.) what would you do. i want to do both eventually. which should i do first. i would get the kit on ebay. 275 - 375 in stores or 150 including shiping on ebay. anything i should be carefull about. only thing im concerned with is the warrenty. any input would be great, P.S how do i post pictures. just pm if would be so kind and let me in on the secret. thanks:bigsmile:

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
You should be able to find a brand new Streetglow Gold series kit (like mine :)) off of Ebay for $150US or less + shipping

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how does the warranty with the kit go because you bought it off the net. is it any different.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I moved my battery to the trunk. This was one hell of a partaking. I did not have any squelling from the serpentine belt though and I did not need two batterys. Take a look at my "how to" on how I did it. Did you do anything differently? It also has a link to see pics of my install.

·
Registered
752 Posts
My vote is for a street glow kit first. Get some visual bang for the buck!

·
Registered
685 Posts
Street glow on american cars...I never have understood why, but hey man it's your thing. Why did you need to move the battery, did you mod up a cold air intake? I would have to say go for the battery relocation the right way, they'll be plenty of time later to impress the high school kids with the shiny lights under your car.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
03SXTgangsta said:
Street glow on american cars...I never have understood why, but hey man it's your thing. Why did you need to move the battery, did you mod up a cold air intake? I would have to say go for the battery relocation the right way, they'll be plenty of time later to impress the high school kids with the shiny lights under your car.
Neon was used on hot rods long before the import scene came to be.

Yeah, why you moving the battery? Let us in on a little secret. :D

·
9,861 Posts
Just use 0awg in place of the 8awg.

20 ft of 0awg should only be abou $60. So get both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts