DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I have been trying to play the sims2. I know computers somewhat but am not very good. I will be playing and moving the mouse and the screen will freeze. I have never had issues like this before. PLaying Command and conquer Generals doesnt mess anything up. After I reboot or whatever to get out, the screen is normal but the icons are HUGE, and there is a message stating that a graphics driver has been messed up. Turning the computer off and starting it back up again everything is fine but then displays a message that says "This computer has jsut recovered from a serious error" or something like that.

Whats wrong with my computer? Am I causing serious damage or any at all? Can I fix this?

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Seems like you also have a double-posting problem!! J/K man.

Have you tried to see if there's an update for your graphics card? For example, mine used to do the same thing on the computer that I use to dupe dvd's. Every once in awhile while I'm on Google Earth zooming in or doing a fly-by, the computer screen would freeze just like how you described. This is just an onboard video card, but I did update the graphics driver (downloaded it off the internet) and now it's fine.

So yeah, if you have Windows XP, go ahead and let it report the problem and see what it says is the solution. That's how I solved my problem with the onboard video card.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Warlord187 said:
SMC...is that Too Short? :)
You know, I didn't know who it was until the other day I was driving around listening to Shade 45 on Sirius Satellite and the song came on. It's callled "Gettin Some Head" by Shawnna (thanks to the handy display on the receiver).

BTW, them guys at Shade 45 are like the hip hop version of Howard Stern. They nasty and funny as hell.

And to those who don't know what Warlord is talking about, move your mouse cursor and hover over the pic in my sig and a song should start playing, which would be a great way to test your new subwoofer (95Intrepisize).

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Shawnna is the chick. The song is actually on Ludacris's newly released album Ludacris Presents: Disturbing the Peace.

But yeah, it does sound like Too Short, or at least what I remember Too Short sounding like. It's been a long time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts