DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed and uninstalled XP Home SP-3 several times trying to uninstall IE-8. It didn't install correctly and I couldn't access the internet. I then reverted back to IE-6 and also installed Foxfire v3.0.10.

Problem:
Now I have two identical "ADD/Remove Programs" in my Control Panel. I can't delete one of them.

Question:
When IE-6 was installed, using Yahoo.com as my home page, I was able to access my Outlook Express mail and Yahoo mail from the tool bar. Now that I installed Foxfire v3.0.10 (with Yahoo.com as home page) I can’t access Outlook Express. Is there any way I can add a link to it on the tool bar?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In outlook's settings there should be a option to tell the system to use outlook as your primary email client.
Thanks for the response.
About the question.
There are two mail icons when I open IE (Yahoo being my home page).

I can access Outlook Express from the mail icon on Yahoo-IE’s tool bar, my start menu, and from the desktop icon.
I think that since Outlook & IE are Microsoft products I’m able to access both mails from my same home page window.
I thought I might be able to access both mails with FoxFire.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry that I'm being so lame about this.
When using IE as my browser & Yahoo as my homepage there are two email icons, Outlook Express + Yahoo email (Img in Post#3).
Using Firefox as my browser & Yahoo as my homepage there is only one email icon, this connects me to my Yahoo mail account,

Even though:
Tools>Options> Applications>mailto shows "Use Outlook Express (default)"

Is it possible to access both email accounts from the Firefox/Yahoo combo, just like the IE/Yahoo combo??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts