DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i slammed on the gas pedal tonight just to see what my 2.7 motor
had...i hit the red zone at one point. the response was a little dissapointing,my transmission slipped also....i need a r/t .

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Just a thought...

The transmission thing you experienced was probably not a problem. Since this is the first time you've had it at that point, the tranny was probably just adjusting itself.

Believe what they tell you when they say that these transmissions "learn" your driving style. When I first bought this car, it didn't shift quite as smoothly as it does now. Personally, I like that aspect of these transmissions. It gives you more of a feeling that you're connected with the car. :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
intrepid1999 said:
i slammed on the gas pedal tonight just to see what my 2.7 motor
had...i hit the red zone at one point. the response was a little dissapointing,my transmission slipped also....i need a r/t .
two words for you Anti-foam additive

that plus the adaptive learning should help a few miles down the road

·
Registered
562 Posts
I know on my car it has a rev limiter so you can't redline

·
Registered
299 Posts
I agree, mine had to learn my driving habits too, and I've tapped the red at least a dozen times, seems to hit it for few more rpm's then backs off. Antifoam helps alot too.

NWS17

·
Registered
602 Posts
My 2002 2.7L will hit up to 6600K at times during a hard 1st gear kickdown before it shifts into second when floored, also hard second gear kickdown before shifting into 3rd. I've never been able to touch 7K "redline" in any trep i've driven. My 99ES 3.2L had nearly the same shift patterns.

Wow, you may have a bad or failing Input/Output Speed Sensor (TRS Transmission Range Sensor), TCM (Transmission Control Module) or ECU problem.......

If the tranny did slip it could manipulate/fool the modules to allow redline. Yeah I'm about to tune my ECU so I can hit closer to redline when punching it hard but not to where it's way too hard on the engine.

Yeah, be careful with that, slippage huh? You'll know when your engine makes a really loud revving and it doesn't really go anywhere....

Make sure you have the proper ATF (Tranny Fluid) in your tranny and that it was never topped off with any other junk. It has to be Mopar Type 9602 or 9606 ATF +4!

Very interesting........!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't need a Camaro to not be dissapointed when you hit the gas. I have driven first gen to second gen Intrepids. I have driven a 2001 and 2002 R/T. The 02' R/T with 3.89 gears really kicked ass. At about 30MPH I punched it racing my dad's 99' Mustang 4.6L Anniversery Edition GT when he tried to blow past me..... With the hard 1st gear kick down my trep lunged forward, I was right there. We didn't go over 50MPH due to speed limits but I was right there. I was not at all embarrassed with my Dynomax exhaust my 2.7L sounded pretty nice. 0-40 around town I have been taking it to a lot of cars, V6 Mustangs (Probably Automatic etc.) It starts to get sluggish unfortunatey when gettin' over 40MPH then when it hits near 60MPH it begins to accel nicely again.

After my Throttlebody mod and tuning my tranny parameters my 2.7L will hopefully be a little can of whoop ass. I'm not saying it'l be all that but hopefully a real "2.7L Magnum"

Also Really, If we didn't have a 40% restriction at the wheels I think we'd be really whippin' some more ass........

Let's just look this way, how many ho's can you fit in a maro?? probably a couple more in a trep......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts