DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My school's administration must be full of complete idiots. Today, during the school day 21 cars were broken into in the parking lot! 21! We have cameras near the front of the lot but it doesn't really help the back of the parking lot. This isn't the first time this has happened this year either. it was never this many, only a couple the other times, but what does it take? 30 cars...40...50? im just glad that i got to school a little earlier than all of those people and parked closer to the front. My car was safe but as for the others...

Now as for location...we are in a little town, population of a couple thousand. They said that they may have caught a Maroon Chevy Malibu and they also pulled a couple prints off of one of my friend's car.

What should i do to protect my car...i have an alarm (it really sux) and thats it...no tinted windows...the faceplate of the stereo is removeable but im guessin that wont stop them.

·
9,861 Posts
Accually taking off the face plate can help. Just dont put anything of value in plain view. If you have subwoofers/amps in the trunk, then disconnect the hood release switch in the glove box, or lock the glove box.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
If you want to make a stink about it, park your car in the front in either the handicap or teacher parking (depending on how your school sets up their parking), walk into the office and say "Until you do something to protect the many cars in your parking lot, I'm keeping my car in the front and in plain site so no **** happens to it." Get other people to do this too. They might get towed, but nothing worth while comes without a so called "price". :)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Honestly you can't really do anything against someone who knows what they're doing. If someone knows what you have it spreads pretty quick so just keeping stuff out of view really only helps against completely random type things. The cameras at my school are rarely working and don't provide ANY coverage to the back lots..... wow.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
I would suggest to simply avoid taking your car to school, as much as possible, I'm sure you can find someone to hitch a ride with. It sounds kind of too simplistic, but hey, it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts