DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not positive, but I think it was a GT... either way, it had tinted windows, spoiler, body kit, vents in the hood.. all that crap. We were driving somewhat aggresively for quite a stretch of the city (not dangerous at all to anyone, but over the 30 mph speed limit) and then we come to the part of the cirty wehre the speed limit changes, and there are never any cops whatsoever. It's just a tiny little... 3 block? stretch. W/out saying anything, he guns it when the light changes, so I do as well, and I actually stayed with him for most of it (I think he had an automatic, because I autosticked it up and switched out of first MUCH later than him)... then eventually he got a bit ahead of me.

I only have the 3.2 litre... I was like... how did that happen?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
I know this thread will start a few arguments already....

Speaking as a person who just sold his 2000 Intrepid ES 3.2 and bought a 2000 Mustang GT 4.6 I can tell you with 100% certainty that the only way my Intrepid could keep up with my GT is if we were racing in the rain or snow.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
In agree, **** the new 4.0 V-6 Stangs run 15.1 with autos in the 1/4 mile. Now the old 3.8 V-6 Stangs you have a good chance of beating it in a race.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i also say that the only way your trep couldve kept up with a newer mustang if it was not the GT model.

SPOOK R/T said:
the new 4.0 V-6 Stangs run 15.1 with autos in the 1/4 mile.
Damn, i had no idea. Umm... go Ford?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I beat a 4.6 stang easily. Granted it was raining and he spun off the on ramp, but I beat him :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I almost alway call B.S. on the Intrepid vs Mustang stories too.
Also had a 88 Mustang LX that ran 13.9 @ 99mph and agree that no Intrepid could hang with it for a quarter of a mile.

BUT

The storey here claims the light changed. The both got on it and he hung with him for a bit in first and the Mustang eventually pulled on him. This is not so unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
jfsram said:
Also had a 88 Mustang LX that ran 13.9 @ 99mph and agree that no stock Intrepid could hang with it for a quarter of a mile.
:sly:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
honestly, he'd start pulling ahead of me and then his shift would kick in, and I'd still be in a lower gear, so I'd gain back what he had on me, then he'd pull back ahead of me untill 3rd gear... I made up the distance, but then he just kept going ahead of me.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I beat a few Mustangs..........V6 5-speed previous gen Mustangs though ;)

Lost to an Equinox the other day however :(

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's a randomly inserted picture of my car!

·
Registered
107 Posts
why do people act like the auto stick does anything? I have auto stick and it is completly useless. it is not faster. It will even shift automaticly i think around 6. There iks no benefit to it. I think it is just for a sportier feel. I think an automatic GT would have smoked you. It may have been someone who didnt know how to drive stick if it was a GT. Alot of mustang owners like to make their car look like GTs. You should have been able to tell by the souund. Did it have two tail pipes?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
if it's not faster for you, then you don't know how to use it. I can shift into second from almost redlinning it in first w/no bump or loss of power... that can add quite a bit when you're racing someone.

EDIT: I believe it did have two tailpipes, and I can't hear anything with my music as loud as it is all the time.

EDIT EDIT: actually.. not sure on the tailpipage.. I was thinking of another car.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
There is NO WAY you beat a GT. Not possible at all with mods you have or lack of. If it was a automatic single port V6 94-98 mustang that had some mods on it you MIGHT have beat it. If it was a new 99-04 V6 automatic with a couple mods it would probably beat you. And if it was a stick... you didn't beat it. And if it was a 05+.... no way. Just because it has dual exhaust doesn't mean it's a GT. There are plenty of V6's with duals.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
dude, didn't you jsut get a ticket for 29 over and asking people how to weasle out of it, and now you're racing mustangs... what's wrong with you?

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
Apcsox said:
dude, didn't you jsut get a ticket for 29 over and asking people how to weasle out of it, and now you're racing mustangs... what's wrong with you?
Exactly what I thought of...

In fact, for a long long time now, I've thought this section was a major waste full of nothing but BS stories and people promoting their own stupidity. If you want to share "track stories" that's one thing, but there's a good reason why city streets are limited to 30mph...

·
Registered
997 Posts
If he was a poor shifter, there is a good chance you could have kept up with him.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gazetowardthesky said:
Exactly what I thought of...

In fact, for a long long time now, I've thought this section was a major waste full of nothing but BS stories and people promoting their own stupidity. If you want to share "track stories" that's one thing, but there's a good reason why city streets are limited to 30mph...

Was not 30 mph there... again.. read the whole story. This was a section of town w/no residential or busy places, speed limit was higher, and we're talking about maybe a quarter mile. We were "racing" for about half of that at most.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts