DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
So that is what the **** they do? They should fry! The OLP disc I bought had that ****. Pisses me off. I didn't know it installed software and that the software went that far.

So how do I remove it? I didn't know about it when I last ran my anti-spyware scans (a couple of days ago) so I wasn't paying attention to see if it caught the XCP program.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I purchased the new DMB and put it on my computer. As far as I know, I didn't allow it to install any software, but I'm wondering if it installed anythying anyways? Anybody know how I can check manually (in my registry or look for a file...?)

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Stock04Intrepid said:
I purchased the new DMB and put it on my computer. As far as I know, I didn't allow it to install any software, but I'm wondering if it installed anythying anyways? Anybody know how I can check manually (in my registry or look for a file...?)
Read this.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/securityrisk.aries.html

Best to download the removal program. I ran it, than quit it after a while cause I had things to do. I will run it again later.

But this is the log file...

Symantec Ryknos Removal Tool 1.2.0
service: Network Control Manager (stopped)

service: Network Control Manager (deleted)

The scanning procedure was cancelled.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\$sys$filesystem\aries.sys: (deleted)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SONYBMG\"InstallRevisionHI" (value set to DWORD:0xD7B24E00)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SONYBMG\"InstallRevisionLO" (value set to DWORD:0x01C5E066)

Ryknos has been successfully removed from your computer!

Here is the report:

The total number of the scanned files: 93608
The number of deleted threat files: 1
The number of threat processes terminated: 0
The number of registry entries fixed: 2
The number of threat services terminated: 1
The number of threat services removed: 1

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Those assholes. I just bought a new CD too, if it's a Sony disc, it's going back.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Amen!

Stock04Intrepid said:
Still not harsh enough. Once I see executive heads rolling, THEN I'll be happy!
HELL YEAH!!

Actually, let's get some wood, some nice THICK wire, some gold plated copper plates, misc terminals, salt water, a BIG ASS generator, single phase, 13.4KV at about 13 of amps tied to a Chrysler 3.5 for power....

These guys diserve to be fried in the best damn electric chair ever made! I'll even put my company name on it!

I can see it now: hollywood executive electrocution device model BIGASS1 Manufactured with PRIDE in the USA by Andrew's Electronics!

The thing is, with 175KW at our disposal, this thing might be somewhat humane.... :flame: (generator losses have been counted in the figure! remember, no A/C or power steering pumps or emission crap)

Or we could just do this to them: :brutal_29

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
jossimbyr said:
Wow, you're like the unicorn of the web. I bet there is some nerd out there who would pay top dollar to examine a rarity such as you.
It's kinda' like those "fine print" statements at the end TV & radio ads - they have to do it to make it all legal.

The thing is, even if every CD had "copy protection" you only need to play it ONCE and record it with a (relatively) cheap recording program - then you can burn at your leisure. There's no copy protection encoding attached to your "original" recording. My recording program, which also does sound effects like fade in/out, reverb, filtering, etc., will record above CD quality so there's no need to play the copy protected CD beyond that point - assuming you don't lose your sound file ... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts