DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hard to explain but i´ll try...

Have a 2001 ES Trep with 3.2 A/S, that has been loosing some oil for about two weeks after an oil change, so I thought it was motor oil. The oil stain at the floor doesn´t looks red like trans oil cause in the past it was leaking motor oil cause of defective PCV valve, solved but never clean the engine bay, so this new leak I didn´t noticed it was trans oil cause the mix with the old motor oil stain, until this sunday i hear a buzz, then I check trans oil stick and realize it was leaking trans oil and no motor oil ( :glum: all these time I was checkig the motor oil stick and reading full, so I asume the oil leaking was for overfilling :glum: ) stupidly never check the trans oil stick. :twik: :twik: :twik: :twik: :twik: :twik: so only the tip of tha trans oil stick shows oil, so a added 2quarters of autozone branded ATF4, the only brand available. an the trasn oil stick was reading full again and the buzzing stops. I drive all sunday and no buzz so i thought i was saved.

Monday morning won´t start, I was late for may job so took my wife´s car, when a get back to home late night, I check my Trep and found it was the positive cable loosen at the battery, fixtit and start like a champ, so I drove it arround the block and I heard this BUZZ again :glum: still leaking trasn oil, check the stick y looks like needs a half quater of oil, but this time I can heard the buzz even in Park when idle above 1500 RPM, same in Neutral.

It was late and couldn´t find a where to buy more trans oil, so today I take my wife´s car again.

sorry the long story but a want to explain all so you can help me.....

I just need fill oil to take it to my regular mechanic for a trans oil change and fix the leak?

or Do i need to take my Trep to a special transmission shop to a mayor Repair?

what you guys think? besides a deserve a :baseballbat: :hit1: :hit1: :baseballbat:

·
Premium Member
15,507 Posts
get the leak fixed

some times these trannys buzz for no reason, I dont think you ran it low enough to cause damage,

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well...

I took it yesterday to my mechanic and he said that it was for a leaking hose(it was replaced), the buzz could be due to lack of oil in the turbine, so I told him that give full service to the transmission(oil change, filter and more).

I just came back from the shop, they did a full service to the transmission, change the defective hose and change the coolant. I drove it from there to mi work(about 11 city miles) looks like every gear shift OK and the buzz stop it. thank god...

The BAD... need to change coolant resevoir again...

·
Premium Member
17,324 Posts
...The BAD... need to change coolant resevoir again...
Don't get aftermarket (Dorman) for that part. Go OEM - it might cost you $15 or $20 more, but it's worth it. (Use an online discount dealer.)

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
Don't get aftermarket (Dorman) for that part. Go OEM - it might cost you $15 or $20 more, but it's worth it. (Use an online discount dealer.)
I TOTALLY agree. My OEM tank split at 140K, got a new Dorman from AZ and it didn't seal. Now it's 3 weeks later on the second new Dorman and I'm getting air in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts