DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss my car. :(

My car is getting a new timing belt, new timing belt tensioner, new water pump, new upper and lower radiator hose, new AC belt tensioner, new AC belt, new PS/alt belt tensioner, new PS/alt belt, and of course fresh coolant (the orange stuff of course). A friend from work (who is a long time ASE certified mechanic) is doing it all. He was going to do it last weekend, but didn't have the time. So this weekend is the weekend. Since I still needed to get home and to work today (he took the day off) we swapped cars after work yesterday. I've been driving a 1994 Nissan Altima since yesterday evening. I'm not complaining. I'm glad that he has a spare car to do that. The car has been reliable as well, which is why he still has it. But going from a full size, V6 with over 250hp, to a compact 4-banger with 150hp is like night and day. What is sad, on my part, is that it took me about a minute to finally realize that the door locks are manual. I guess when you get used to power locks, well, you know. :)

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Damn dude, I feel for you.

What kind of mileage is on your R/T Brian?

.....on a side note, my power locks just started to work again the other day (after I fixed them) after not working for nearly a year :D

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Avenger said:
Damn dude, I feel for you.

What kind of mileage is on your R/T Brian?
Around 93k miles (150km). The timing belt should be changed at 100k miles so I was planning on getting that done this spring/summer. It just makes sense to replace the water pump, timing belt tensioner, and radiator hoses at the same time.

My PS/alt pulley started to make noise a couple weeks ago. Since that has to come off to get to the timing belt, it's good timing to replace that. Also, since the AC belt tensioner, AC belt, and PS/alt belt also have to come off, I figured I would just buy new stuff instead of putting back on the old stuff. Why pay for labor twice when you don't have to. :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Got my car back yesterday. The noise is gone! Damn, he even painted the front plate black. Looks sweet!

Now all I need is to replace the wheel bearings. Hmmmmm....
Yep and don't forget those muffler bearings while you're in there... :turn:
What did you paint black the plate or the frame ??

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TERMINATOR101CA said:
Yep and don't forget those muffler bearings while you're in there... :turn:
What did you paint black the plate or the frame ??
Nah. It's louder without muffler bearings. :)

The timing cover was painted black. He had to take it off to get to the timing belt, so while it was off, he painted it black. I didn't even ask him to. He just did it. I was like...sweet!!! Now if only the rest of the engine looked that good. :)

Speaking of good looking engines, the engine he was building for his Mustang is looking sweet. Sweet polished intake and sweet looking carb. Not sure if the hood will have clearance (even with the scoop), but we'll see. :)

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Warlord187 said:
Nah. It's louder without muffler bearings. :)

The timing cover was painted black. He had to take it off to get to the timing belt, so while it was off, he painted it black. I didn't even ask him to. He just did it. I was like...sweet!!! Now if only the rest of the engine looked that good. :)

Speaking of good looking engines, the engine he was building for his Mustang is looking sweet. Sweet polished intake and sweet looking carb. Not sure if the hood will have clearance (even with the scoop), but we'll see. :)
He can always leave it off, less weight and cooler engine. :dance2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts