DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently buy a black 2002 es intrepid 3.5L with now 225 000 Km (140 K miles).

I like this car , great conditon, great shape, great looking, lot of power. I don't know why but I don't like driving it :icon_neut.
When I have a short run to do I prefered my wife old car (sentra 93). But on the Highway the Intrepid his more adequate:biggrin:. Maybe the fact that I always have GM and Japanese car.

The other thing I like with this car is the possibility of upgrading it.

So I'm thinking of selling it.

With the work done on it I just want to be sure to take back my investment.

So How much can I have for this:

• year: 2002
  • Model: Intrepid ES
  • Engine: 3.5 L
  • Color: Black
  • Wheel Factory chrome wheel
  • A/C , electric window, electric doorlock, electric driver seat, cruise control,
  • Mod headlight switchwith automatic light (sun activated).

WORK DONE
    • Timing belt with tensioner, water pump, A/C belt and Main belt changed last week
    • Wheel Alignment done last week
    • Front brake (pad and rotor) done 2-3 weeks ago
    • rear brake (pads only) done first day I bought the car
    • Right front bearing done before I bought the car
    • Front link kit (both side) and Front balljoint (both side) done a month ago
    • Transmission oil and filter changed a month ago
    • Motor oil and filter changed when I bought the car
    • Motor oil and filter replaced 1 week after with Synthetic Penzoil

Part ready to install or that I can sell alone
    • set of 300 M special 18' wheel with very nice GENERAL EXCLAIM UHP 245/45R18
    • autodime rear view mirror
    • lighted sunvisor
    • rear lighted handle
    • evic+ with harness
    • power outlet for the center console
    • lighted ring switch

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
That's too bad that you're not happy with it. Sounds like a nice car.

I'm not sure what retail prices are like in Montreal, but my dealer recently gave me a value on mine of $5200. Mine is a 2004 with only 175,000 kms. So if I had to guess, I'd say $3800-4200 if the body is really nice and the interior is clean. Again though, prices can vary depending on the area.

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Honestly, why sell it?
You have personalized the car, it looks and sounds like it is in great shape.
I would keep her....good cars are hard to come by!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm sure you could get 500 buck for it, and I just happened to have it, right here in my pokets in cash.

·
Registered
780 Posts
oh ok....i looked up this for ya>>

2002 Dodge Intrepid ES Sedan 4D
* Private Party Value
Value
Excellent
$5,725
Good
$5,185
Fair
$4,485
this is in my area and i dont know your vehicle options
ps: on a little bit of an up side for me is my 03sxt with 100,000 less miles than yours is worth $7,000 more than i owe on it...good news.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I would just throw 6,000 on her and see what people around town say. You will get offers for less prolly but then you can decide on to sell it for less or not. I would say 6000 sounds like a good start. Hard to tell what are cars selling for around there?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
no offense but, the worst thing you can do is buy a car and sell it back within a month. You are potentially going to lose thousands. Anywways good luck with the sale. Car seems good but high milage treps have a really low value, regardless of the engine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey, Im in montreal and looking to buy the car.. can we do monthly payments? like if it costs 4grand.. ill give you.. 200 or 250$/month til I get 4-5k?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
It's all about the passion for the car. I don't know how you can't love these cars. :)
AGREE. I have passion for my LHS, but it's missing with my Civic (it IS a great car, but I'm considering selling as well)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts