DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I failed emissions because I am running a 3.5 HO on a 2002 2.7 PCM. It is an EGR thing. I want to replace it with a 3.5 PCM. I understand that I need an 03 or newer because my 3.5 motor doesn't have EGR. The place I get used parts from doesn't keep the keys to their cars and they don't know what they have in the yard. They do have cars with 3.5 HOs though. So here are the questions. How can I tell, without the key, if the car has SKIM? Do I need to replace anything else with the PCM if it is not SKIM? Finally does anyone have a PCM they want to sell?

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
You need '02 plus. You can tell they have a SKIM if you pull the clamshell from around the steering column. If you see a little black box mounted under the column with a ring going around the key cylinder then it has SKIM. Chances are, you're going to find one with SKIM no mater what unless you find a base ES without Sentry.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
So your 2.7 must have been an 01.5 with EGR still? Are you getting EGR trouble codes? Oddball, they were phasing out EGR 01.5 an newer, so a few 02 models with 2.7/3.5 came with it. Makes for a tough time regarding an engine swap. I agree with Paintball on the pcm search.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.