DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i have A Rockford T10001BD amp coming, with a birthsheet of close to 1600W RMS...now, anyone here have a type X sub, how do you like it? if not, anyone know of any 12 inch sub (waiting for one of Ithicakid's boxes) that can take that, and also bbe LOUD....i dont care that much about quality, I just want it to HURT my lungs and brain...
thanks,
Andrei

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
W7? A Type X will be blown apart by 1600RMS. You'd need 2 type X's to take that kind of load.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A Type X can handle 1200-1300W daily with no problems, and that 1600W amp is rated at 14.4V but it will probably only see around 13.4 SO it will be putting out around 1300 actual watts. I think an X will be a good match for that amp if you wanted SQ but you said you just want LOUD=SPL so if I were you I would get 2 Kicker L7's or 2 Alpine R's and either one of those will beat your brains out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i am getting 2 type x's today ( i have been watching my tracking through fed ex ) and i will be able to tell you a bit about them by mid week i am hoping. the rms on them is 1000 at 4 ohms i believe so connecting them both up to your sub at a 2 ohm load would bash your brains in pretty good. you can get them for a pretty good price online. under 500 for 2 10"

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jimmy79 said:
Just checked the stats on that Rockford T10001B amp and its:

500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS
750 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
1000 W x 1 @ 1 Ohms RMS

It has a birthsheet of close to 1600W RMS??? :icon_cool
Oh yeah, they underrate that amp soo bad!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jimmy79 said:
A Type X can handle 1200-1300W daily with no problems, and that 1600W amp is rated at 14.4V but it will probably only see around 13.4 SO it will be putting out around 1300 actual watts. I think an X will be a good match for that amp if you wanted SQ but you said you just want LOUD=SPL so if I were you I would get 2 Kicker L7's or 2 Alpine R's and either one of those will beat your brains out.
See, i used to have 2 type R 12's, and I wasn't all taht sattisfied with them...maybe because I was running them off of a directed 750D? anyway, if i were to get 2 of those again, wouldnt that amp be too much? how about 3?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Jimmy79 said:
Just checked the stats on that Rockford T10001B amp and its:

500 W x 1 @ 4 Ohms RMS
750 W x 1 @ 2 Ohms RMS
1000 W x 1 @ 1 Ohms RMS

It has a birthsheet of close to 1600W RMS??? :icon_cool
wow, thats pretty obnoxious. Rockford amps usually have a better birth sheet than manual, but thats really high.

Either you ended up with an exception, or Rockford is doing a sh1tty job on product naming, lol. I mean if all your amps are putting out over 1500, why the heck would you not call it a 1500 watt amp??

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Badasstrep said:
See, i used to have 2 type R 12's, and I wasn't all taht sattisfied with them...maybe because I was running them off of a directed 750D? anyway, if i were to get 2 of those again, wouldnt that amp be too much? how about 3?

that amp would not be too much 2, you'll be fine :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also, i have never built a ported enclosure, and I have been reading that those are better for SPL, so any tips or info on building either a ported or sloted box?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Badasstrep said:
It wouldn't be too much for 2 type R's???

nah, I've got buddies that daily drive a pair of type r's off an Orion 2500d. Just gotta be careful and know what you can crank and what you cant.

Reactions: Badasstrep

·
Registered
280 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts