DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok u all know i just got my car well mom has been driving it to work and i taught it was getting a bit hot under the hood, well it was proved today, the car over heated but it leaked out alot of anafreez yester day it might not have much in it anymore besides that can anyone give me anytips or anything has this happend to some one b4, my mom shut the car off b4 it got over heated to bad some one help please i would really apresate(spl) it alot thankz Xpid

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
car is home now, it was low on anafreez but thats not the problem, we got a new problem the coolant fans never kick on, they dont even got power to them, some one help me on this one? if we can get the coolant fans to work i think it will start running fine for a nother week or to then i just know somthin else is gonna F up on it....

·
Registered
342 Posts
that happened to my friend's first gen... they replaced the fans, or somehow else fixed the problem, and it was fine

·
Registered
296 Posts
you could try unpluging the temperature sensor,which is at the top front of the engine by the thermostat if they still don't kick in it could be the black box that attaches to the fan assembly and the fan motors plug into that. and there is a 40amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood for the fans.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well i know the fan isn't getting any power to it we used a test light on it, so i check the fuses up in the dash they where fine, i checked the radiator fan relays witch one is the radiator fan 40amp fuse?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
bad thermostat? leaky water pump? both could cause that.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok i found the fuse it wasn't blown i switched some relays around and unpluged the temp thing u told me to and they came on, now i'm guessing i just need to new relays... thankz alot guys

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all fixed, switched relays, fans started working went to get 2 new relays got one and then went to a nother store to get a nother one and that one was bad so it blew the 30amp fuse, after blowing 2 of them we put one of the old relays in and every thing started working fine.. thankz for the help guys i really appreashate it if thats how u spell it thankz alot... now after i fixed that my self with your help, my parents will trust me with the car... :) i told them somthin was wrong they just didn't listen

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Xpid said:
all fixed, switched relays, fans started working went to get 2 new relays got one and then went to a nother store to get a nother one and that one was bad so it blew the 30amp fuse, after blowing 2 of them we put one of the old relays in and every thing started working fine.. thankz for the help guys i really appreashate it if thats how u spell it thankz alot... now after i fixed that my self with your help, my parents will trust me with the car... :) i told them somthin was wrong they just didn't listen
lol "appreciate" we help on more than the car level here lmao glad to see ur back on the road.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you, mom got home, shes a bit upset cause i hung up on her earlyer today but o well she'll get over it

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
also do a coolant flush. My moms ford overheated the other day. Old coolant was the problem. Simple coolant flush and its running perfectly now.

J

·
0 Posts
Yes yes, contrary to common misconception or any adherent belief, Methyl/Ethyl Alcohol has only a certain time lifespan!

(Spell that!)

uhm, change the 'Freez.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'm not even gonna comment here... oh wait i just did. Anyways, some advice I would give is to keep an eye on the problem. I've had my share of car problems and its always possible the wrong thing was fixed, or more than one problem existed, either coincidentally or both problems being related. Especially with electrical devices like fans, relays, etc. They are all connected and could easily cause problems with other parts. Just a word of advice. Also, not to be a jerk, but your problems could be more easily understood with some puncuation and a good spell-checker. :fun_08:

Josiah

1 - 14 of 14 Posts