DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be tinting my rears tomarrow. can some one please tell me how to do it? should i buy one or two cans? pls help thanks.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I think the norm is two cans, depending on how dark you want it.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
be careful not to run the cans till they are empty, I hear that they tend to splatter a bit when they are running out

a few people have wet sanding and added clear coat on top of the niteshades as well for a gloss finish

if you are coating the center bar and both tails you will need at least two cans

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
on a first gen i used about a can and a half of night shades, wet sanded with 800 grit paper and applied 4 coats of clear, then wet sanded and 2 more coats of clear. hope this helps

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I have a really stupid question. What exactly does it mean when you say "wet sanding." I'm probly thinking too hard like i always do.

PS - I do live by a slow children sign and the shortbus is fun

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
2000IntrepidES said:
I have a really stupid question. What exactly does it mean when you say "wet sanding." I'm probly thinking too hard like i always do.

PS - I do live by a slow children sign and the shortbus is fun
Wet sanding is first, using sandpaper that is made for it. And using water as lubrication between the 2 surfaces. Otherwise finer grits, like 800 grit will clog up with paint (or anything) else to fast to do any good.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Jer_BEAR_bluez said:
Wet sanding is first, using sandpaper that is made for it. And using water as lubrication between the 2 surfaces. Otherwise finer grits, like 800 grit will clog up with paint (or anything) else to fast to do any good.
exactly, but to take it one step further put a couple drops of dishwashing liquid or baby shampoo in the surface to keep the water from drying up

1 - 8 of 8 Posts