DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but I was inspired by a recent thread to do it from now on. On a recent visit to my Chiro, I saw a 300m Special same color as my Trep. The 300 was dirty but in good condition. Oh and I saw a sweet Chevy Nova in the same lot! I was tempted to switch his color-matched LED turn signal side mirrors for my plain black ones. :D I had more pics but they're corrupted. I need a new smartphone. :/ I took pics to showcase his/her car more than mine. Here are the few pics that made it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I was at Burger King at lunch. I usually lunch with two or more guys at work so, when I parked next to the red one and then took the picture, they immediately said, "I guess this one's going up on the forums tonight". LOL!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Actually, the 300m had a LOT of growing on my want list before I actually bought one. I didn't much care for the front end and the ride was so much "Heavier" feeling than the Intrepid.

I have now owned and driven all of the second gen LH body styles and I am equally impressed by the drive and performance of each one. There simply is no second choice when it comes to the looks of a fully loaded Concorde or LHS. The Intrepid, when outfitted with a 3.2 or 3.5 is a thrill to drive and the 300m in any configuration just ooozes "class" from every angle. I worked at a Dodge/Chrysler dealership for many years before any of these became affordable to me. Now that I have had the chance to actually own and drive each, I can only imagine how it felt to buy one new.

I will probably continue to buy an sell these as long as the parts are available. A truly "Classic" body that hopefully will make a dent in the history books.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Here's one on the way home from Dan's meet last fall. Eric (MRBIGE) is on the right, I'm in the middle and a random 1G was sitting on the end at our lunch spot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 300m definitely oozes class, no doubt about that. I've only driven 2.7 Intrepids (my current one and a '99 I had a few years back). I can only imagine how much better a 3.2, 3.5, or 3.5HO would feel.. not only because of the extra power but because of the upgraded suspension too. I'm addicted to Mopar. I don't think I'll ever own anything but a Mopar. List of my potential next car:

1999-2004 300M
1998-2004 Intrepid 2.7 or 3.5
2005-2008 Magnum 3.5
2005-2010 Charger 3.5

It'll most likely be a Magnum or a 300m :D

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
The 300m definitely oozes class, no doubt about that. I've only driven 2.7 Intrepids (my current one and a '99 I had a few years back). I can only imagine how much better a 3.2, 3.5, or 3.5HO would feel.. not only because of the extra power but because of the upgraded suspension too. I'm addicted to Mopar. I don't think I'll ever own anything but a Mopar. List of my potential next car:

1999-2004 300M
1998-2004 Intrepid 2.7 or 3.5
2005-2008 Magnum 3.5
2005-2010 Charger 3.5

It'll most likely be a Magnum or a 300m :D
Unless you get a PHP car, there's no change in suspension, so really 90% of LHs feel the same when it comes to roadholding. True the 3.xs have much much more low end and generally more power than the 2.7, but they dont like to scream like the 2.7 does.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless you get a PHP car, there's no change in suspension, so really 90% of LHs feel the same when it comes to roadholding. True the 3.xs have much much more low end and generally more power than the 2.7, but they dont like to scream like the 2.7 does.
Really??? That's weird I thought I read somewhere that Intrepid R/Ts have a better suspension than base models. I guess not! :/

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm gonna start snapping pics.. Aha!

Varied models did have *better* suspension. Generally some softer or stiffer springs. The major difference was having or not having a rear stabilization bar, and there are thicker versions for the front and year on Police Treps and 300M Specials.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Really??? That's weird I thought I read somewhere that Intrepid R/Ts have a better suspension than base models. I guess not! :/
They do, they have PHP. Same sway bars as an SE though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
I'm gonna start snapping pics.. Aha!

Varied models did have *better* suspension. Generally some softer or stiffer springs. The major difference was having or not having a rear stabilization bar, and there are thicker versions for the front and year on Police Treps and 300M Specials.
IIRC the sway bar delete was 2004 only and for a "soft ride package" which really does nothing but give you an illusion of a softer ride because it will roll and wallow around like a Buick, but still rides over bumps just the same as most other cars without the PHP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts