DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dealing with the god awful tan interior of my first gen for a few years I decided to do a little modifications. Pics will follow as soon as its all put back together and i get some before and after pics.

I went to autozone and picked up 2 cans of gloss vinyl and fabric paint and 2 cans of gloss black engine paint and started painting all the hard plastic trim i could find, a,b, and c pillars (front, middle, rear), than i ripped out the center console and hit that with gloss black. Took some vinyl and fabric gloss black and started hitting all the soft trim pieces...like the arm rest on the center console.

i'm thinking of leaving the doors two toned but in different shades of black. Since the upper half of the door panel is a darker shade of tan than the lower i'm gonna use semi gloss on that and satin black on the lower portions to keep the two tone look.

for the dash i'm seriously thinking of using a satin black on it so that there isn't so much gloss it looks gaudy.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Pics. will help right now on opinions of the change.
Time will tell on the durability down the road.
You might end up with "two-tone" everywhere if/when it starts peeling/flaking (only tan/black, not "different" blacks.).
Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts