DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..there's this whining under the hood. I think to myself, either has to be a dying power steering pump or a dying alternator.. meh. So I leave for work.

About 2 kilometers into my trip, engine light comes on.. I put it in neutral, shut off the engine and signal over to the shoulder. Checking engine codes, find 12 (which is me having disconnected the battery last Thursday to change the fuel pump seal) and 47. I think hmm, 47 .. Must be alternator.

I start it up again, take off to work. About 2 more kilometers later, charge light comes on in the dash. haha.

Damn! I hate winter! Nothing ever breaks in the summer - only when it gets below 0°C everything breaks.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Lol.... seriously... If it gives you a Check Engine light just have the car towed if u want a chance to save the engine lol.

Exception : 3.2/3.5 Liter engine... lol.
he has a first gen intrepid with a 3.5

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol.... seriously... If it gives you a Check Engine light just have the car towed if u want a chance to save the engine lol.

Exception : 3.2/3.5 Liter engine... lol.
Check engine light means nothing if the oil light isn't on.. You don't need to overreact. There's nothing wrong with the engine itself and the fact that the check engine light came on just means there's an irregularity, not that the engine will blow up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
never.... I repeat never ignore sounds in the Intrepid. LOL
since my job requires i be there or be there, i didn't have much of a choice.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Check engine light means nothing if the oil light isn't on.. You don't need to overreact. There's nothing wrong with the engine itself and the fact that the check engine light came on just means there's an irregularity, not that the engine will blow up.
good response.

Everything has a check engine light now. You will most likely get a check engine light for a loose gas cap before a mechanical problem LOL.

Intrepid.luvah just likes to bash the 2.7L now that he owns a 3.5L. :crying:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Mine makes a high pitched squeel, it goes away once the engine is warm, but I haven't been able to trace it, because it only exists when its like 10F outside....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts