DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
ROFL the idiots today. Car's are not ment for towing thats what GMC and dodge TRUCKS are for!

lol

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
omg... is that really hooked up? If so, that guy is a complete moron.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Those are airstream trailers, lighter then they look. But still more then enough weight, odds are this car has aftermarket tranny and oil coolers. There is a shop that sells air streams by my place and they have always had a Intrepid hooked up to a trailer, it just sits in the same spot mabe its broke down, LOL..

·
Registered
58 Posts
pimped3point3 said:
I'm suprised the back end isn't sagging more.
Its got load equalizer bars on it, you can see them hanging below the trailer..

And even if airstream trailers aren't heavy.. they don't put 3 axles on trailers for looks and low cost ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would like to know the GVW and tongue weight of that trailer cause I have a hard time believing that the 'trep can actually pull that (I think the owner's manual gives a max of like 1,500lbs) I own a medium sized Rockwood pop-up trailer and I would never even think of pulling it with the trep(that's what the Jeep's for :D ) the tranny is not rated to handle that kind of load...that's a sure way to cook a tranny that isn't intended for that kind of service....

·
Registered
910 Posts
The equalizer hitch I have on our van, has a max tongue weight of 1000lbs. The van is a B250 with a 318 and the factory trailer towing package and the max trailer weight I can pull is 7800lbs. I'm sure that trailer is close to 7000lbs loaded, so I really feel sorry for that poor old Trep.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Axle said:
Someone please post the own3d pic of the Jetta at home depot with the wood on it's roof.

LOL yeah that was funny as hell. That guy got what he deserved!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Please!!! I know Dodge's are good, but I do beleive that is why GOD make trucks. I pull a pair of jey skies, but nothing close to that travel trailier!!! "May god be with that poor and abused Interpid. Amen"

·
Registered
8,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Now this is more like it! :alien:

200/2000 lbs. is the max allowed for the 2002 R/T, of which I could likely never go over with this set-up, even with the biggest bikes available loaded up. Incidentally, when I'm pulling this set-up behind the R/T, I forget it's even there - just not noticeable for the most part as the R/T man-handles the weight & drag without any problems...

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I was thinking of getting a trailer hitch for those puny size trailers for my long moves and School club competitions(fit 4 people comforably with lots of equipment in the trunk, along with a trailer for all of our bowling equipment...).. but that would be all I would EVER put in there..... NEVER would I pull somehting as huge as one of those trailers... I couldn't imagine how much wheelspin the front drive has when trying to pull that thing away from a stop sign in the rain........

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Great pic Tom where hell have you been lately? Tom i still have your chairs. When to you want to hook up so i can return them to you?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts