DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone :)

I have come here today to ask for your opinions. Yes. It does have something to do with an Intrepid :p

Currently, i drive a 92 Civic EX with a 1.5 liter engine. My dad came to me today and said,

"How would you like a Dodge Intrepid instead of that Civic?"

Now, i didn't answer immediately and said i would research the car. And now, i ended up here :D

So everyone, i would like to ask, do you think i should get the Intrepid? Will it be a huge improvement over my current ride?

Any insight would be great :)

The Intrepid in question is a 98 model and is in good condition according to my dad.

So, what do you think? Should i commit? :D

Much appreciated ^_^

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
Generally speaking, if it is a 3.2 or a 3.5, I would be inclined to take him up on the offer.
If it is a 2.7, I would roll with the Honda......

Just my $.02 worth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No pics unfortunately, but i have seen it. Its a pretty dark red color :)

My dad says its a 3.5 and its in great condition and recently painted.

My Civic, and i won't lie, is not in the best of shapes. But i recently modified it a bit with a K&N Intake and a magnaflow performance exhaust. I even got some angel eye headlights for it :) But performance wise, it is definitely not a performer :p It takes me like 16 seconds to get to 90 kph XD

·
Farticcus of Plenticcus
17,030 Posts
No pics unfortunately, but i have seen it. Its a pretty dark red color :)

My dad says its a 3.5 and its in great condition and recently painted.

My Civic, and i won't lie, is not in the best of shapes. But i recently modified it a bit with a K&N Intake and a magnaflow performance exhaust. I even got some angel eye headlights for it :) But performance wise, it is definitely not a performer :p It takes me like 16 seconds to get to 90 kph XD
Go with the Intrepid...you will thank yourself as you sell that Honda to someone else, and take the proceeds to start modding the Intrepid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't the Second Generation Intrepids have 3.5?

thanks for all your input guys:)

hope to be a member of this great forum!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
3.5 was not available until 2000

No way, don't mean the mid-west? LOL

But you did use KPH instead of MPH...

And, heck, we did have a new guy on here yesterday from Poland.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't really check now, its 12 am :p ahahah XD

but i am testing it out tomorrow, and i will get back to you guys :)

·
Woober Goobers!
50,614 Posts
The Intrepid debuted in 1992? I'd like to see info to back that up! They did start building them in late 1992 for sale as the 1993 model year cars.

In the 2nd gen Intrepids you couldn't get a 3.5L until 2000. There was only the 2.7L and 3.2L in the Intrepid from 1998-2000. 2001 was the only model year Intrepid you could get either a 2.7L/3.2L/3.5L. The 3.2 was dropped after model year 2001 for all LH models. The 300m which debuted in 1999 had a 3.5L but the Intrepid did not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:

Unfortunately for me and my horrid luck, the Intrepid broke down on route to us...Apparently something about overheating and a gasket? I dunno. Not a car tech :p.

So it is a no go for the Intrepid. But i did get some details about it. Concrete ones.

It is a 1997 Intrepid with a 3.5L

Anyways, thank you all for your assistance. Maybe one day i will own an Intrepid. Who knows? :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Intrepid debuted in 1992? I'd like to see info to back that up! They did start building them in late 1992 for sale as the 1993 model year cars.

In the 2nd gen Intrepids you couldn't get a 3.5L until 2000. There was only the 2.7L and 3.2L in the Intrepid from 1998-1999. 2001 was the only model year Intrepid you could get either a 2.7L/3.2L/3.5L. The 3.2 was dropped after model year 2001 for all LH models. The 300m which debuted in 1999 had a 3.5L but the Intrepid did not.
There ya go. Don't forget about the 2000 Intrepid R/T and its mighty 3.5 ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts