DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is good to use when cleaning your engine.

Also since I just got this car what are some things to check beside the fluids. What could be wearing out that I could fix before it goes bad or make it run better. This car has 130k miles on it and is a 94 so I'm sure there will be some common problems that others has seen.

Here's a pic of the motor. FILTHY!!!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I give it about 5 minutes before Gorm moves this to show and shine. with that said...replace your plugs, wires, clean your IAC, check all your hoses. Do you have a check engine light on?

·
Dain bramaged
7,202 Posts
simple green, a stiff brush and some rags..

the 3.3l is a fairly bullet-proof motor.. just do the general maintaince on it and it should give you a long happy life..

·
Registered
917 Posts
I second the simple green...that's what everyone uses around here.

Edit: And for Gods sake please put a K&N cone fliter on there. And take out the restrictor from your intake hose.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
First Off,

That PCV hose will need replaced before anything else.

The Air Restrictor is more of a noise Eliminator, But in that big ugly Round thing in between your box and Throttle body, there is a cone shaped device in side of it supported by three things, just snap it out. OR, you can go my route, and replace the pip going from the throttle body to the air box, and then modify the air box to allow more air. If you want more details Just let me know.
But Simple Green, Purple Power Do wonders along with some Elbow grease. If you want to see what Work will do, Also, For a nice shiney look Armor all does work and does not attract Huge amounts of dirt. Yes it still gets dusty but still Makes it look good. Take a Look how mine has gone.
Before

After

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I would recommend at least changing the antifreeze, flushing possibly but you could just drain the radiator and DEFINTELY change the tranny fluid and filter, and oil and filter.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
ekim401 said:
I give it about 5 minutes before Gorm moves this to show and shine. with that said...replace your plugs, wires, clean your IAC, check all your hoses. Do you have a check engine light on?
LOL...I have just as much power as you do in this section yoda. :)

--Gorm

·
Registered
23 Posts
EagleESI said:
First Off,

That PCV hose will need replaced before anything else.

The Air Restrictor is more of a noise Eliminator, But in that big ugly Round thing in between your box and Throttle body, there is a cone shaped device in side of it supported by three things, just snap it out. OR, you can go my route, and replace the pip going from the throttle body to the air box, and then modify the air box to allow more air. If you want more details Just let me know.
But Simple Green, Purple Power Do wonders along with some Elbow grease. If you want to see what Work will do, Also, For a nice shiney look Armor all does work and does not attract Huge amounts of dirt. Yes it still gets dusty but still Makes it look good. Take a Look how mine has gone.
Before

After
what is the red connector looking thing on the pcv valves? where could i get something like that?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
it was a dress up kit i found in my garage out back. i guess you can find itat any performance store or car store. It was an old box. But there were ones for the rad hoses and other various one but I only wanted to Accent the engine. Not Dress it for Ball.

But they are Like Anodized Alumin? I think Something Like that. Not really sure.

·
Registered
917 Posts
green_bobmarley said:
what do you mean by the restrictor, im kinda new to cars
Inside your intake hose there is a black restrictor, probably to make the car quieter. Rip it out with some needle nose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts