DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
130k great car,,with decent mph at these prices.....Condenser or Conpressor
which is which,,,one of them is about to go out....not running my AC at this time,,,how long til I need to get it in the shop....got a trip to make and was wondering if I could make it the 2 hours and back without sitting on the side of the road on a very beautiful afternoon....thanks:crying:

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
condenser is the aluminum lookin thing infront of your radiator
compressor is a pump on the engine.

With a 2.7, as long as the clutch doesn't lock up on the compressor you shouldn't have to worry. So just don't try to use the a/c or the defroster.
Neither are vital to the car running.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
I dont think you will have any problems if your not running the ac when mine went out i just took the belt off but i dont know if you can do that with the 2.7.
someone will chime in to let you know.

·
Dain bramaged
7,214 Posts
I dont think you will have any problems if your not running the ac when mine went out i just took the belt off but i dont know if you can do that with the 2.7.
someone will chime in to let you know.
the 2.7l is the only motor in the intrepids that uses a single serpentine belt to power all the accessories. Every other motor *both generations* use a single v-belt for the compressor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DID I mention is was going to be a beautiful SUNNY afternoon but in the cool 70;s and so I hope I can make it the 2 hour trip and back home enjoying it driving down the highway with a nice breeze a blowin in my face than sitting on the side of the road gettting hit with the gust of the wind of the semi that just breezed by me. I pray you are right and thank you for a quick reply.....Its booked for the mechanic when I get back.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts