DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if there is a way to remove the factory amp and place a 4 channel aftermarket one in its place. maybe even same location. can some one help?

·
Registered
393 Posts
possibly...after all, if it was installed, it can be removed...although I don't know if you can fit an aftermarket amp in its place, or if you can hook up the factory wire harness to it without an adaptor or not.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i guess i really need to know is if there is some kind of module to plug into the harness and wire to the amp or something of the sort

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
I assume you have an aftermarket deck. So if I were you I would just run all new wiring and not even worry about dealing with the factory stuff. I do not know that you would want to put a aftermarket amp in the same location as the factory one however. Aftermarket one will prob need more air and prob more sensistive to heat than the OEM one. Just my .02

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a custom idea for now. i can use PC grade fans as well. i'm going to get an AVIC-N1 soon....

·
Registered
383 Posts
Kickpanel for amp:

stock amp:

There are basically 2 plugs that go to the stock amp. One is the input from the HU, the other is the line out to the speakers. Unless you could find an amp that is as small as that stock amp and felt like re-wiring everything in the plugs, it's going to be very difficult to put an amp back in that spot.

What I did was put the amp in my trunk and spliced the front channels to speaker wire, ran those back along w/RCAs from my aftermarket HU and then hooked some speaker wire up to my rears and connected everything to the amp in the trunk.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phrozt said:
Kickpanel for amp:

stock amp:

There are basically 2 plugs that go to the stock amp. One is the input from the HU, the other is the line out to the speakers. Unless you could find an amp that is as small as that stock amp and felt like re-wiring everything in the plugs, it's going to be very difficult to put an amp back in that spot.

What I did was put the amp in my trunk and spliced the front channels to speaker wire, ran those back along w/RCAs from my aftermarket HU and then hooked some speaker wire up to my rears and connected everything to the amp in the trunk.

thx dude

1 - 7 of 7 Posts